Cambodian Agriculture Loans Approved by ADB

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodian Agriculture Loans Approved by ADB

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

ADB approves loans worth 70 million USD for Cambodia’s agriculture
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a 70 million USD in loan to improve the capacity of agribusinesses in six provinces across Cambodia to process key agricultural products.
VNA Saturday, December 05, 2020 17:39
Phnom Penh (VNA) - The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a 70 million USD in loan to improve the capacity of agribusinesses in six provinces across Cambodia to process key agricultural products.

In a press release, the lender said that the Agricultural Value Chain Competitiveness and Safety Enhancement Project aims to benefit about 230 agricultural cooperatives and 50 agribusinesses in Kampong Cham, Kampong Thom, Oddar Meanchey, Preah Vihear, Siem Reap and Tbong Khmum provinces.

ADB principal natural resources and agriculture economist Ueda Takeshi said agriculture can contribute to Cambodia’s economic growth and diversification if local small- and medium-sized agribusinesses can improve their abilities to process high-value agricultural products and market them domestically and overseas.

Private investment in agriculture, along with better access to credit and high-quality raw materials, will help Cambodian agribusinesses unleash their growth potential, create jobs and improve rural livelihoods, he said.

With 76 percent of Cambodia’s population living in rural areas, agriculture accounted for 20.7 percent of gross domestic product and 31.2 percent of total employment last year. The industry grew an average of 1.7 percent annually from 2010 to last year.
https://en.vietnamplus.vn/adb-approves- ... 192651.vnp
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Cambodian Agriculture Loans Approved by ADB

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Fab!
My old mate Mishmash might be able to get a slice of that to get his prawn farm up and running.

:mrgreen:
(sorry, it's a quiet day)

and the Whitlows can finally get married and settle down to a quiet life growing cassava on the farm.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodian Agriculture Loans Approved by ADB

Post by techietraveller84 »

What sorts of agriculture are getting all this investment, and what are they trying to diversify to? I understand the current staple products are rice, cassava, maize, pepper, fresh mango, palm oil and prawns.
My vote is for more mangosteens, but I understand they only produce fruit once a year in May and June, which might not provide regular enough income.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic