i opened a bank account today in <1-hour

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

i opened a bank account today in <1-hour

Post by chorlton »

anyone thinking about it here is my experience today

went into canandia with passport inc. visa (EG valid 23/12/17-23/6/18) & no other documentation
staff did everything, I signed, paid in $10 minimum & left with bankbook & e-mail with online bank access
atm card (visa) will be ready to collect in 14-days

$1000 daily atm limit, no fees ($10 retained if I don't use account in 90-days or close within 90-days of today)

now im searching for the best intermediary firm to shift circa 17.5k sterling over to be my 24k $ balance for ER visa application at 42yrs old.......fingers crossed %)
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: i opened a bank account today in <1-hour

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

chorlton wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:11 pm anyone thinking about it here is my experience today

went into canandia with passport inc. visa (EG valid 23/12/17-23/6/18) & no other documentation
staff did everything, I signed, paid in $10 minimum & left with bankbook & e-mail with online bank access
atm card (visa) will be ready to collect in 14-days

$1000 daily atm limit, no fees ($10 retained if I don't use account in 90-days or close within 90-days of today)

now im searching for the best intermediary firm to shift circa 17.5k sterling over to be my 24k $ balance for ER visa application at 42yrs old.......fingers crossed %)
Have a look at Xendpay, you'll always receive some lower currency rate than promised, but still. if XP tells you a rate for, in my case, i'll get 1.1976 for a Euro or so, i'll get about seventeen on my Canadia Bank account, fast, reliable, and not that bad i think, this rough calculation has CB fees included.
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

chorlton wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:11 pmnow im searching for the best intermediary firm to shift circa 17.5k sterling over to be my 24k $ balance for ER visa application at 42yrs old.......fingers crossed %)
I am a Prince, I can do this for you, all I need is your full name, bank account # and password

No offence, but I suggest you don;t advertise finances in such detail on a forum
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

that genius wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:42 pm
chorlton wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:11 pmnow im searching for the best intermediary firm to shift circa 17.5k sterling over to be my 24k $ balance for ER visa application at 42yrs old.......fingers crossed %)
I am a Prince, I can do this for you, all I need is your full name, bank account # and password

No offence, but I suggest you don;t advertise finances in such detail on a forum
Detail ?

Come on now settle
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Chorlton, May I ask what made you choose Canadia Bank over others, in particular ABA which so many of the posters here have recommended?
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:28 pm Chorlton, May I ask what made you choose Canadia Bank over others, in particular ABA which so many of the posters here have recommended?
I'm getting an account with them too shortly assuming they accept an application that is
It wasn't a competitive choice thing it's to do with a person here basically
Sorry I realise thats vague

This acc let's me speed up some stuff is all & far cheaper than daily $500 withdrawls at $5 a go
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

chorlton wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:41 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:28 pm Chorlton, May I ask what made you choose Canadia Bank over others, in particular ABA which so many of the posters here have recommended?
I'm getting an account with them too shortly assuming they accept an application that is

This acc let's me speed up some stuff is all & far cheaper than daily $500 withdrawls at $5 a go
If you mean ATM fees for foreign withdrawals: MB Bank free for Mastercard, Maybank free for (some) Visa cards.

And I'm with PSD, ABA is good for local banking.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:48 pm

If you mean ATM fees for foreign withdrawals: MB Bank free for Mastercard, Maybank free for (some) Visa cards.

Not with my Halifax infinity MasterCard (credit) unfortunately
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

chorlton wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:54 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Not with my Halifax infinity MasterCard (credit) unfortunately
Did you try the MB Bank ATMs (NOT Maybank, MB Bank is a Vietnamese bank) - at Mekong River Restaurant at Riverside and a couple on Monivong a few blocks down from Orussey?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

If all the above doesn’t work, go straight to the Tomato Bank!
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic