Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
User avatar
yong
Expatriate
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Reputation: 870
Thailand

Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by yong » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Dear All, I am new in this forum.

I plan to set up a business in Phnom Penh importing construction hardware and selling to construction projects and contractors.

1. Is it possible for a 100% foreign-owned company to sell my products directly to contractors in other words to consumers? What type of company should be registered that allows this?

2. Is it possible for a 100% foreign-owned company to import products from overseas? Any rules to the type of companies that can be allowed to import? (I understand that like in the Philippines its almost impossible or rather have to pay lots of money to do so).

Thank you all in advance
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 806
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by bolueeleh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

1 yes, maybe you shld register as retail company

2 yes, first get the import through a trading company, after 5 imports u can get ur own importer license
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 2826
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 711
New Zealand

Re: Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:21 pm

All companies incorporated through the MOC come with an inbuilt import / export license. 
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 806
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by bolueeleh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:20 pm

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:21 pm
All companies incorporated through the MOC come with an inbuilt import / export license. 
wow thanks i didnt know that before, i will look into it, maybe my ROC was too far back
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
yong
Expatriate
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Reputation: 870
Thailand

Re: Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by yong » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:46 pm

bolueeleh wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm
1 yes, maybe you shld register as retail company

2 yes, first get the import through a trading company, after 5 imports u can get ur own importer license
Thank you very much for this information.
User avatar
yong
Expatriate
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Reputation: 870
Thailand

Re: Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by yong » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:47 pm

bolueeleh wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm
1 yes, maybe you shld register as retail company

2 yes, first get the import through a trading company, after 5 imports u can get ur own importer license
Thank you. By the way your nick bolueeleh sounds like "no money" in hokkien
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 806
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by bolueeleh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 pm

yong wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:47 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm
1 yes, maybe you shld register as retail company

2 yes, first get the import through a trading company, after 5 imports u can get ur own importer license
Thank you. By the way your nick bolueeleh sounds like "no money" in hokkien
so...... u r fm singapore too eh?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
yong
Expatriate
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Reputation: 870
Thailand

Re: Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by yong » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 pm

bolueeleh wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 pm
yong wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:47 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm
1 yes, maybe you shld register as retail company

2 yes, first get the import through a trading company, after 5 imports u can get ur own importer license
Thank you. By the way your nick bolueeleh sounds like "no money" in hokkien
so...... u r fm singapore too eh?
Yes from Singapore but run road to siamloh 13 years liao
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 806
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by bolueeleh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:22 pm

yong wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 pm
yong wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:47 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm
1 yes, maybe you shld register as retail company

2 yes, first get the import through a trading company, after 5 imports u can get ur own importer license
Thank you. By the way your nick bolueeleh sounds like "no money" in hokkien
so...... u r fm singapore too eh?
Yes from Singapore but run road to siamloh 13 years liao
run road to hcm n shv more than 10yrs ago too, if come to shv pm me
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
yong
Expatriate
Posts: 1771
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Reputation: 870
Thailand

Re: Starting a B2C business in Cambodia

Post by yong » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm

bolueeleh wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:22 pm
yong wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 pm
yong wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:47 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm
1 yes, maybe you shld register as retail company

2 yes, first get the import through a trading company, after 5 imports u can get ur own importer license
Thank you. By the way your nick bolueeleh sounds like "no money" in hokkien
so...... u r fm singapore too eh?
Yes from Singapore but run road to siamloh 13 years liao
run road to hcm n shv more than 10yrs ago too, if come to shv pm me
Geeze you're just a boat ride to Trat. Same same if you ever come over LOS drop me a PM.

I'm new in this forum just joined yesterday. I should be posting in the Thailand section here.

topic18686-10.html#p230795
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests