Siem Reap Gigs - December 11, 12, 13 - PAVEL

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Siem Reap Gigs - December 11, 12, 13 - PAVEL

Post by rozzieoz »

I am very excited to announce my first official gig in Cambodia.
I will be singing with Pavel Ramirez, who will be in Siem Reap for a weekend of performances.

If you're in Siem Reap on December 12, please join us at Menaka Lounge - 2 Thnou Street, Old Market area.
Pavel has gigs on the Friday and Sunday as well, I will add to this thread as I get more details.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Siem Reap Gigs - December 11, 12, 13 - PAVEL

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:48 pm I am very excited to announce my first official gig in Cambodia.
I will be singing with Pavel Ramirez, who will be in Siem Reap for a weekend of performances.

If you're in Siem Reap on December 12, please join us at Menaka Lounge - 2 Thnou Street, Old Market area.
Pavel has gigs on the Friday and Sunday as well, I will add to this thread as I get more details.
Congratulations to you rozz, and it's nice to see a post of normality that doesn't involve the dreads of the covid19. Talking of so, (for information and the interests to fans who would come to see your first official gig) have you, or that of the organisers got all the government and health related recommend measures in place for prevention of the virus, and safety of customers? That alone must be hell of a task to achieve, and also monitor throughout a gig.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Andy they are on the ball with this and if we have to postpone we will.

At this stage we are advertising and expecting it will all go ahead as planned. It's a restaurant, not a club, so hopefully they can do the necessary to ensure compliance.
It's not my place, I am only a singer for a night, so really has nothing to do with me. (Please don't start hammering me about Covid regulations).

This is 2020 after all, anything could happen.......
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:42 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:48 pm I am very excited to announce my first official gig in Cambodia.

Congratulations to you rozz, and it's nice to see a post of normality that doesn't involve the dreads of the covid19. Talking of so, (for information and the interests to fans who would come to see your first official gig) have you, or that of the organisers got all the government and health related recommend measures in place for prevention of the virus, and safety of customers? That alone must be hell of a task to achieve, and also monitor throughout a gig.
Yeah, may be canceled
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 am Andy they are on the ball with this and if we have to postpone we will.

At this stage we are advertising and expecting it will all go ahead as planned. It's a restaurant, not a club, so hopefully they can do the necessary to ensure compliance.
It's not my place, I am only a singer for a night, so really has nothing to do with me. (Please don't start hammering me about Covid regulations).

This is 2020 after all, anything could happen.......
That is not my intention, has you put it " hammering me about Covid regulations" but for safety it must be thought of foremost.
There are plenty of gigs going on in the restaurants near us at Chbar Ampov, the situation there is they have the facilities and distancing. I get entertained in our apartment block at least twice weekly by residents who I would say are professional Khmer folk singers.
One other thing, I have been invited to a wedding this week, I have seen them too lately in the area when passing by, I tell you I don't fancy going at all.
But I do hope your gig goes ahead with all honesty, just take precautions and care.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I'm rehearsing my heart out and hopefully it goes ahead.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

As suspected, postponed until as soon as possible after New Year.
This bloody year.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:42 pm

Imagine prefacing a comment with ‘glad to see something other than Covid news ‘ and then blathering on about Covid ..... not once but twice .... fuck you Covid zealots are annoying ..... let the lady enjoy her announcement ffs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic