Dengue Fever Cambodia Tour 17-19-20th Feb

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Dengue Fever Cambodia Tour 17-19-20th Feb

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

One of Cambodia's most beloved bands,Dengue Fever, is back! With an exclusive tour with FCC in both Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
Wednesday the 17th Dengue Fever will be playing in the lovely grounds of FCC Angkor.
Friday and Saturday, FCC will close down the street behind the Mansion for an epic concert with special opening acts and the main attraction itself!
Don't miss the best concert of the year!
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

IN PHNOM PENH GATES WILL OPEN AT 7 PM.
FIRST BAND ON STAGE AT 8 PM.
DENGUE FEVER ON AFTER.
GOLD SEATING LIMITED- DOUBTFUL ANY WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE GATE- BOOK AHEAD!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Dengue Fever Cambodia Tour 17-19-20th Feb

Post by General Mackevili »

I think I've only caught them once. I think it was them, at the Australia Day event at the navel base a couple years back.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

From 2008:

Story of the band by wikipedia:
History

The band was formed in 2001 by Ethan Holtzman and his brother Zac after Ethan was inspired by a trip to Cambodia. As Ethan and Zac were searching for a vocalist to sing in Khmer, lead singer Chhom Nimol was discovered in a nightclub in the Little Phnom Penh area of Long Beach. She was already a well-known karaoke singer in Cambodia, but decided to move to the United States after visiting her sister, and thought it was a good chance to make more money to send to her family back home.[1] Zac is a vocalist and guitarist, formerly with Dieselhed, while Ethan plays the Farfisa organ. Rounding out the band are bassist Senon Williams (who played in Radar Bros until January 2009), drummer Paul Smith, and David Ralicke on brass.

Their self-titled debut album was released in 2003. All lyrics on the earlier albums are sung in Khmer, while the third album introduces some songs in English. Many of the songs are covers of 1960s Cambodian rock tunes by such artists as Sinn Sisamouth, Pan Ron, and Ros Serey Sothea, but some are originals, first written in English by the Holtzmans before being translated.

In 2005, the band toured Cambodia during the Bon Om Thook water festival, to critical acclaim. The documentary film Sleepwalking Through the Mekong documents the band's touring in Phnom Penh and other major Cambodian cities. There, singer Chhom Nimol, whose family included renowned singers from the 1970s onward, reconnected with the Cambodian fanbase, many of whom remembered the heyday of Cambodian rock from that era. The trip was a transforming experience for the rest of the band as they performed with master musicians and recorded new songs along the way, providing the band with new material. The film also reveals aspects of modern Cambodia, as the band crosses a cultural chasm with the same spirit as Cambodia's original rock pioneers...
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Good concert:

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Seems that tonight's show has been relocated to Pontoon.

Check the link for more details

:beer3:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah now at pontoon, would have been nice outside, still going though fug it
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

What a shame. Sounds like the demand for tickets must have been surprisingly low. Not sure how many locals have ever heard of them and it sounds like the tickets were priced a bit high for many younger Cambodians anyway. I definitely would have been there. How many people could fit in Pontoon? I hope they sold that place out, at least.

Too bad for the band's finances, but it would be nice if they went out and did some free outdoor gigs for the masses. I bet a lot of locals would enjoy them.

Looks like Nimol has discovered American fast food. She used to be hot but now a porker, judging by recent online photos anyway.

I liked this song, Sni Bong. She looks good in this video.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Rutiger wrote:What a shame. Sounds like the demand for tickets must have been surprisingly low. Not sure how many locals have ever heard of them and it sounds like the tickets were priced a bit high for many younger Cambodians anyway. I definitely would have been there. How many people could fit in Pontoon? I hope they sold that place out, at least.

Too bad for the band's finances, but it would be nice if they went out and did some free outdoor gigs for the masses. I bet a lot of locals would enjoy them.

Looks like Nimol has discovered American fast food. She used to be hot but now a porker, judging by recent online photos anyway.

I liked this song, Sni Bong. She looks good in this video.

yeah pontoon was packed out last night, great atmosphere in there and was a great gig, some of the tracks i remember from last night
Shave your beard, New years eve (Wait 10 months more), Tokay, Tiger phone card, Sni bong, One thousand tears of a tarantula

she sounded great, the saxophone guy was killing it all night, legend haha
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:

yeah pontoon was packed out last night, great atmosphere in there and was a great gig, some of the tracks i remember from last night
Shave your beard, New years eve (Wait 10 months more), Tokay, Tiger phone card, Sni bong, One thousand tears of a tarantula

she sounded great, the saxophone guy was killing it all night, legend haha
what would you guess was the ratio of locals to barangs at the show?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

In Siem Reap it was about 99% Barang. In Battambang a couple of years ago, it was the other way round.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic