Opinions! - Sihanoukville & 3 of their beaches

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
truelove5000
Tourist
Canada

Opinions! - Sihanoukville & 3 of their beaches

Post by truelove5000 »

Plan so far
4 nights in Sihanoukville. Then ---> 4 nights in Phnom Penh.

I need help. I've heard Sihanoukville isn't what it used to be. Are there still 2-5 areas with go-go bars/girly bars/street walkers? Surely it's still a good spot for a single guy looking to have fun each night, yes?

If not, I've heard closer to the coast is maybe where the fun relocated? True?

If so, I was thinking at least half of my time in Sihanoukville would be spent going up and down these 3 beach locations. Ochheuteal Beach, Otres Beach, and Serendipity Beach.

Can anyone with legitimate advice give me some tips about those 3 beaches? Tips about Sihanoukville. I am eager to visit Cambodia. Never been.

Thank you!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Opinions! - Sihanoukville & 3 of their beaches

Post by phuketrichard »

there NEVER have been go go bars in Cambodia ( cheerleaders in PP tried it an they got sent to jail)
street walkers?? Wat Phnom, Riverside ( after 10 pm)
kampot has some hostess bars as does PP
ur right, Sihanoukville is not what is used to be and it was never what YOU thought it was
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
truelove5000
Tourist
Canada

Post by truelove5000 »

Hmm, thank you for that, but in your opinion, even though Sihanoukville isn't what it used to be - do you think it's still a descent choice/place for a single man to have fun for 4 nights?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

truelove5000 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:49 pm Hmm, thank you for that, but in your opinion, even though Sihanoukville isn't what it used to be - do you think it's still a descent choice/place for a single man to have fun for 4 nights?
Not unless you're a Chinese gangster. Just came back from a week there. If you're looking for female companionship and a beach atmosphere, go to Pattaya.
truelove5000
Tourist
Canada

Post by truelove5000 »

Where then is a good 2nd place to stay for a single guy like me looking to have fun each night?
If I’m doing 4 days in PP where should the other 4 days be? Excluding Siem Reap.
Please and thank you!
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Go first to PP for 4 days and take one of the grils from PP to Sihanoukville, she will love it and make you having a good time in Sihanoukville. Its a pretty clean beacho-town now with high-buildings. Was there in january a couple of days with a nice girl from PP and i liked it, chinese people, yes there are, but i have no porblems with them, Yanks caused me more trouble then Chinese. Their is cheap food and booze in SHV, probably girls also but no idea wherre to find them. If only 4 days, better prepare before moving .. .
truelove5000
Tourist
Canada

Post by truelove5000 »

Darn. I’m getting so many different opinions. Yes, I’m hearing the same sentiment that China has taken over the city, but I’ve also been hearing if you know where to look for the red light areas, know which streets to walk down, and if you spend your time over on the coast near a couple of the beaches that it’s still a good place for a single man looking to have fun. I’ll continue to take a few more opinions please. I am looking to buy my plane to PP within the next month. I’ll also decide if I should go to Kempot or Sihanoukville.
Please keep sharing you opinion!!!
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Sihanoukville was never a great place for girls. As someone else said you should take a girl from Phnom Penh. Khmer girls love the beach.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

truelove5000 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:19 pm Darn. I’m getting so many different opinions. Yes, I’m hearing the same sentiment that China has taken over the city, but I’ve also been hearing if you know where to look for the red light areas, know which streets to walk down, and if you spend your time over on the coast near a couple of the beaches that it’s still a good place for a single man looking to have fun. I’ll continue to take a few more opinions please. I am looking to buy my plane to PP within the next month. I’ll also decide if I should go to Kempot or Sihanoukville.
Please keep sharing you opinion!!!
If you can afford to buy a plane, then you’ll probably fit right in
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
truelove5000
Tourist
Canada

Post by truelove5000 »

I’m motivated. I’m working extra hours and saving more money so I can buy a round trip ticket and have fun on holiday. I hope to be in Cambodia sometime first week of August!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic