Floozys Freelancer Bar on 172

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
floozys
Tourist
Cambodia

Floozys Freelancer Bar on 172

Post by floozys »

We just opened a month ago and are 24 hours, Bar, Hotel and restaurant. Western and Khmer food, nice rooms (air con, fast wifi , flat screen tv with cable, new soft beds and bedding , fan and hot water and other amenities. $20 and up per night (we also do short time at $12/2 hours) and monthly rates at $450. In the heart of 172 street.
Floozys Hotel, Bar Grill
#30 street 172
www.floozyshotel.com
Mostcurious
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Floozys Freelancer Bar on 172

Post by Mostcurious »

Looks like a nice bar/hotel. Rooms look modern from the photos. It would be quite a novelty staying above a bar. My only concern would be the 24 hr bar. If it plays music 24 hrs every day how would I get any sleep ?
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Freelancers short time is that for all your plumbing needs,do they do electricals as well and are they the equivalent to the UK’s Gas Safe qualified?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I like the idea but this place will get shut down in no time.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Shut down in short time?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:25 am I like the idea but this place will get shut down in no time.
Yep, Article 31 of the 2008 law
Article 31: Management of Establishment for Prostitution

Shall be punished with imprisonment from 2 to 5 years when a
person accepts or tolerates that:

1. Another person indulges in prostitution inside an establish-
ment or its annexes
; or
2. Another person seeks clients with a view to do prostitution
inside an establishment or its annexes
KInd of hard to plead ignorance given what's on the website.

And $12 for a ST room additionally looks like 'profiting from'.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Everytime I see the word "floozy" I'm reminded of this fugly ass sculpture that used be on a main shopping street in Dublin

The floozy in the Jacuzzi

Inspiration 10/10

Execution 3/10

The sculpture I mean; I haven't been to Floozy's on 172 before
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

Why would this place be shut down any quicker than all of the other bars in town where friendly ladies like to hang out and have drinks?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Ryan754326 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:42 am Why would this place be shut down any quicker than all of the other bars in town where friendly ladies like to hang out and have drinks?

Because unlike hostess bars, which do not provide rooms for customers to spend alone time with the ladies, they're offering short-time rooms for the obvious purpose of men paying for play with the freelancers who hang around in their bar. Unless they're paying ridiculous tea money to the right people, will be shut down, or they'll be extorted, as soon as the authorities get wind of what's happening. Walkabout got away with it for years, but the owners paid for authorities to ignore.
Ivan Idea
Tourist
Russia

Post by Ivan Idea »

Talking about 172 street. I returned to PP 3 days ago. How 172 as changed. The noise from 2 bars was so loud, I was in a bar 100 yards away and could hear it. I asked the owner about the noise and couldn't she do anything about it, she said no the local police get money from these 2 bars. I said I'm glad I don't live on 172. The 2 bars are the Parrot and Big easy. The owners don't care about people living close by. Shame on them. :boxing:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic