Hostess Bars all quiet?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
NokTang
Expatriate

Hostess Bars all quiet?

Post by NokTang »

Is it due to the New Year's holiday period? We don't read the silly marketing slogans put out but the "owners" and their minions. Funny to say the least. This is selling time. Sell now when business is booming as a fool knows no different.

A good friend just back from a month in PNH. He says Martini's is hurting lady wise. The Khmer women are boycotting and the Vietnamese are demanding $30.usd short time with poor attitudes added in at no charge "hurry finish" and the like. A mamasan has also so I was told, been allowed back in and is working the concrete.

It seems "Poonton" is the booming place now. I've never been as not a late night guy.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Hostess Bars all quiet?

Post by Soi Dog »

Has NokTang ever, even once, posted or commented on any subject other than hostess bars and related costs? Once?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Soi Dog wrote:Has NokTang ever, even once, posted or commented on any subject other than hostess bars and related costs? Once?
Not that I've seen, and yes, it is getting extremely tiresome. NokTang - The serial monger with a conscience.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:Has NokTang ever, even once, posted or commented on any subject other than hostess bars and related costs? Once?
Not that I've seen, and yes, it is getting extremely tiresome. NokTang - The serial monger with a conscience.
Hello. Happy New Year. Learn to move around a bookstore or library without losing your mind and get back to us will ya mate? For that matter, you can do it at a mall without being required to look at the titles! Even at the Central Market in PNH you might enjoy the exercise of only paying attention to what interest you. It's a rough world out there with so many people who don't conform to your idea of the perfect man/woman.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

Sure I have. Do your homework before you lash out at other posters. Also FYI, Thailand is considering a one year Tourist Visa as we interact. Decision due next month. Cost is 3000baht. Not sure if it includes multiple entries but one would assume so? at least for a fee diba?

Oh, and there are an anticipated 6 million people going to attend the mass by Pope Francis Sunday in Manila. Can you imagine the planning that went into that, the diaper sales won't be limited to the police and the overall sewer and stench will compete with that of the New Orleans Superdome during Hurricane Katrina. Hope to see you there but as you can imagine, logistics will be difficult.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

NT, thanks for the heads up as always. Haters gunna hate as usual.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

NokTang wrote: Also FYI, Thailand is considering a one year Tourist Visa as we interact. Decision due next month. Cost is 3000baht. Not sure if it includes multiple entries but one would assume so?
A Google search turns up nothing on that subject. Where are you getting your info?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

NokTang wrote:Is it due to the New Year's holiday period? We don't read the silly marketing slogans put out but the "owners" and their minions.
Don't forget that most of the hostess bars are Khmer owned and don't advertise. In fact I don't think the very few expat owned bars advertise that much. Angry Birds had a promotion recently with free food and 50c beers. Many of the Khmer owned places had free food, lucky draws, and ''two for one'' beers over Chistmas, but all info was just ''word of mouth''.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Soi Dog wrote:
NokTang wrote: Also FYI, Thailand is considering a one year Tourist Visa as we interact. Decision due next month. Cost is 3000baht. Not sure if it includes multiple entries but one would assume so?
A Google search turns up nothing on that subject. Where are you getting your info?
A friend emailed me this one the other day Soi Dog, and then it was on Thai Visa yesterday I think. It's a proposal presumably to combat falling numbers, 2,000 baht for 6 months and 3,000 baht for 12 months. Hard to see it being passed given the entire support industry profiting out of the regular visa business, and the fact it would slightly reduce the point of the retirement visa and the bureaucracy surrounding it.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

it was on facebook
and
http://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/pro ... ist-visas/

wont happen MY retirement extension cost 1,900 and a multi re entry permit is another 3,800 so 5,700 /year
and they want give a tourist one for less??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic