Lost boys and Golden girls

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Lost boys and Golden girls

Post by IraHayes »

I popped in to a hostess bar last night on a whim....

I had a couple of beers, bought a couple of ladies a drink to be polite but it just reaffirmed why I don’t go to bars to be quite honest. There was the usual mix of long time bar-girl, over the hill bargirl and a couple of fresh recruits looking a bit lost. As we chatted I could almost predict the answers to the subjects of family, relationship status and general day-to-day stuff. One lady had a beautiful fair hair little girl of 6 or 7, the father disappeared long ago. The others had children from failed Khmer marriages.

Maybe I am over sensitive to the situations of others but I just find them depressing when I recollect the previous evening events over my morning coffee.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Lost boys and Golden girls

Post by Barang chgout »

It's a sick, sad world.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I gave up on girl bars over 12 years ago, (only go in a few here in Kamala cause they have some good food but never speak with the girls other than to give my order and say thanks), same ole questions from girls that dont give a shit about the answers, but only want appear to be interested so you will buy them a drink
a waste in my eyes
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Be aware a lot of bar girls will tell you some sob story to take advantage of your sympathy, many see kindness as weakness.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic