English Karaoke

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Johnsell50
Expatriate
United States of America

English Karaoke

Post by Johnsell50 »

Hi All,
I am new but I ran a Karaoke in Chiang Mai, Thailand and I can and do like to sing. Are there any open bars/restaurants in Cambodia to do this?
Thanks,
John
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: English Karaoke

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Johnsell50 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:53 pm Hi All,
I am new but I ran a Karaoke in Chiang Mai, Thailand and I can and do like to sing. Are there any open bars/restaurants in Cambodia to do this?
Thanks,
John
theres Karaoke bars on every street, just look for a sign saying KTV lol
there are open bar/KTV/Beer garden style joints too, but less likely to have many English songs
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Johnsell50
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Johnsell50 »

TY Jamie,
I'll be bringing along my external hard drive if they let me use it I carry over 130,000 karaoke files, most in English. 10 more months to go and I'll be there.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Johnsell50 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:13 pm TY Jamie,
I'll be bringing along my external hard drive if they let me use it I carry over 130,000 karaoke files, most in English. 10 more months to go and I'll be there.
ive been in some of the more fancy KTVs and weve hooked our phones up to the PA/TV screen and played songs off youtube that they didnt have in the system, the bigger the KTV the more English songs they are likely to have @rozzieoz never seems to have a problem finding songs to sing
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Johnsell50
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Johnsell50 »

Thanks again Jamie. I will be sure to check them out when I get there. i sing everything from classic rock, Brit and American to lots of old and new country, blues, jazz, even a little pop. The only things I don't do or rap or hip hop.
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

unless you drop by 136 first you will be sitting in your own private KTV room singing to yourself.
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Jamie will show you around. He’s good like that it seems.
Johnsell50
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Johnsell50 »

Thanks again for the replies. The last thing I want is to be singing in a room all alone, or with a hired bar girl. Applause is like a drug. The more you get the more you want. I got hooked on it in 1965 fronting a struggling rock band. I did get a break from 1968-2001 when my cracked and scarred eardrums ruined my pitch but by some miracle they tell me that is ok now. I haven't kicked the addiction yet.

John
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

karaoke is just not the same as you imagine / use to.
sometimes you can find open karaoke cafe's but most the time it is just a place to do ketamine and take a prostitute.
Karaoke rooms are individual rooms and you pay per hour, each room has own toilet, etc ,etc..
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

If you're looking for a ktv pub where you have an audience instead of ktv's with rooms, try Me mates bar. It's a filipino joint and they have ktv nights.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic