Best NORMAL cheap massage in PP?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
RickOrMorty
Expatriate
Thailand

Best NORMAL cheap massage in PP?

Post by RickOrMorty »

Maybe not the right forum... but looking for a place I can go back to a few days this week for a 1-2 hour regular massage (no happy ending types). Any recommendations for a cheap place near the riverside? I know there are heaps and lots of staff turnover but maybe people have favorites or a place they want to send more business to. i'd be happy to patronize a place recommended here.
onico
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Best NORMAL cheap massage in PP?

Post by onico »

A little bit further the Chinese House before the japanese bridge :-D :-D :-D
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

RickOrMorty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:57 am Maybe not the right forum... but looking for a place I can go back to a few days this week for a 1-2 hour regular massage (no happy ending types). Any recommendations for a cheap place near the riverside? I know there are heaps and lots of staff turnover but maybe people have favorites or a place they want to send more business to. i'd be happy to patronize a place recommended here.
i find with massage joints its all about the masseuse that makes it great not the shop

most joints around the riverside you will be looking at between $8-12 for a normal/oil massage, i think most will offer a hand shandy if they can get away with it tbh, i stopped having massages on the riverside years ago, only place i have a massage now is at the Khmer spa i go to a few days a week
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
RickOrMorty
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by RickOrMorty »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:11 am
RickOrMorty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:57 am Maybe not the right forum... but looking for a place I can go back to a few days this week for a 1-2 hour regular massage (no happy ending types). Any recommendations for a cheap place near the riverside? I know there are heaps and lots of staff turnover but maybe people have favorites or a place they want to send more business to. i'd be happy to patronize a place recommended here.
i find with massage joints its all about the masseuse that makes it great not the shop

most joints around the riverside you will be looking at between $8-12 for a normal/oil massage, i think most will offer a hand shandy if they can get away with it tbh, i stopped having massages on the riverside years ago, only place i have a massage now is at the Khmer spa i go to a few days a week
you are def right. it is the person giving it most of the time. here in BKK, it took me a couple years to stumble across someone who was good enough for me to want to go back to regularly, so because i don't expect that to happen, i thought i'd just see if someone had somewhere they'd like to see get more customers. i'll Google Khmer spa though. i was just thinking Riverside because that's where i'll hang out most of the week.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

RickOrMorty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:17 am

you are def right. it is the person giving it most of the time. here in BKK, it took me a couple years to stumble across someone who was good enough for me to want to go back to regularly, so because i don't expect that to happen, i thought i'd just see if someone had somewhere they'd like to see get more customers. i'll Google Khmer spa though. i was just thinking Riverside because that's where i'll hang out most of the week.
the place i go is mainly frequented by Khmer police and the likes, not sure if anyone there really speaks any English though and its not close to the riverside,
id recommend just having a walk around and trying a few shops out until you find one you like
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:33 am
RickOrMorty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:17 am

the place i go is mainly frequented by Khmer police and the likes, not sure if anyone there really speaks any English though and its not close to the riverside,
id recommend just having a walk around and trying a few shops out until you find one you like
Jamie your not telling us you go there with your buddy..............
:assasin:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

they r on the prowl for the next topless ktv
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

The place near my condo advertised massage for 10,000 riel recently they have gone international and put their price up its now $3
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Those $3 signs are popping up all over and they mostly look the same. Is there some new $3 massage chain in PP?

Anyway as the man said it always comes down to the actual masseuse. Some of the best massages are done by the Chinese women who work places like East. Still cheaper than a massage in many countries, but certainly not $3.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I've never actually bothered to get a massage, but I've heard that the best massages came from blind people. Seeing Hands Massage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic