Thailand is better than cambodia

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Siemreapchillin
Tourist
Cambodia

Thailand is better than cambodia

Post by Siemreapchillin »

For living I prefer Thailand I'm sure many would disagree but I was bored in Cambodia because of the expensive bar fines and 6 dollar lady drinks, In Thailand I payed 3 dollars for a lady drink and that is a rich country in comparison.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Thailand is better than cambodia

Post by prahocalypse now »

Siemreapchillin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:18 pm For living I prefer Thailand I'm sure many would disagree but I was bored in Cambodia because of the expensive bar fines and 6 dollar lady drinks, In Thailand I payed 3 dollars for a lady drink and that is a rich country in comparison.
I prefer Cambodia because I can sit outside the minimart and buy random Cambodian women 50 cent beers.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ohoh here we go

ask Jamie about the 1,000 bat bar fines and 3,000 baht girls in Pattaya LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Siemreapchillin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:18 pm For living I prefer Thailand I'm sure many would disagree but I was bored in Cambodia because of the expensive bar fines and 6 dollar lady drinks, In Thailand I payed 3 dollars for a lady drink and that is a rich country in comparison.
But the proof is in the pudding. Who in both countries offer the better service. That is the end result of satisfaction.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

OP,

Your girls must like cheap booze! What can you buy for under 100 baht... a small Leo or a shot of Sangsom?

I find Thailand way more expensive than Cambodia (but then, I don't frequent girly bars).

I like Vietnam (Phu Quoc). Of course it depends exactly where you are and what you're buying, but things can be as inexpensive as Cambodia, but with an infrastructure more akin to Thailand's (without the Immigration paperwork/hassles/extortion; and roadblocks every 8 km)... kinda the 'best of both worlds'.
Last edited by Cruisemonkey on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You could be next.
Siemreapchillin
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Siemreapchillin »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:35 pm
I prefer Cambodia because I can sit outside the minimart and buy random Cambodian women 50 cent beers.
That's a good idea but the quality of the Cambodian women willing to drink im public with a barang is as questionable as there intentions.
The expats in Thailand generally don't drink at 7/11, I remember it been frowned upon by alot of expats and Thai people.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Siemreapchillin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:54 pm That's a good idea but the quality of the Cambodian women might be questionable as there intentions.
Bar girls of any nationality have only one intention... making a withdrawal from 'the walking ATM'.

Siemreapchillin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:54 pm The expats in Thailand generally don't drink at 7/11, I remember it been frowned upon by alot of expats and Thai people.
Thais maybe... but it seemed to me every convenience store in Thailand had at least two fat, bald, red-nosed farangs parked outside sucking on Changs.
You could be next.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:04 pm
Siemreapchillin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:54 pm That's a good idea but the quality of the Cambodian women might be questionable as there intentions.
Bar girls of any nationality have only one intention... making a withdrawal from 'the walking ATM'.

Siemreapchillin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:54 pm The expats in Thailand generally don't drink at 7/11, I remember it been frowned upon by alot of expats and Thai people.
Thais maybe... but it seemed to me every convenience store in Thailand had at least two fat, bald, red-nosed farangs parked outside sucking on Changs.
I told you Richard someone would spot us one day :)
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:08 pm I told you Richard someone would spot us one day :)
Why do you keep calling me Richard? I'm not Richard (who ever he is).
You could be next.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

but what of the price of a pineapple in Darwin?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic