Title says it all really...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Australia V. Taliban /cricket test

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

20 bucks on the Taliban.

(hey, i'm a Kiwi
'Whoever is playing against the Au cricket team..)

Taliban approves Afghanistan v Australia Test in Tasmania, but women's status could bring tour undone

*The match, which is set to begin on November 27, is the first Test between Afghanistan and Australia since the Taliban took control
*There is speculation Afghanistan's full member status could be revoked by the International Cricket Council
*ICC regulations require full member countries to have a women's side, but the Taliban has a history of oppressing women

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-02/ ... /100427018
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Australia V. Taliban /cricket test

Post by Doc67 »

I can't see them having a women's side. If they won't allow them an education or to work, I can't see allowing women to play cricket around the world in tight trousers is going to get the go-ahead. Unless they are going to play in big black full length dresses and a burka.

Besides, when the first women's team land in any country (other than Pakistan) and all claim political asylum, they Taliban will realise t was a mistake to let them go.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I suspect the Taliban might also be considering self preservation by not having a women’s side.

When women with a Big wooden stick start smacking what are seen traditionally as men’s balls, and gain some satisfaction…I’ll let you extrapolate from there.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:33 am I can't see them having a women's side. If they won't allow them an education or to work, I can't see allowing women to play cricket around the world in tight trousers is going to get the go-ahead. Unless they are going to play in big black full length dresses and a burka.

Besides, when the first women's team land in any country (other than Pakistan) and all claim political asylum, they Taliban will realise t was a mistake to let them go.
That didn't take long..

Taliban official says women will be barred from playing sports in Afghanistan

Ahmadullah Wasiq, deputy head of the Taliban’s cultural commission, told SBS News in an exclusive interview Wednesday that women and girls in the country won’t be able to play cricket or any other sport because such activities aren’t considered vital for them.

Cooking, cleaning and breeding. That's their vital job now. Vital for the men, not the women.

Let's see if the ICC has the balls to immediately throw them out, and if Cricket Australia cancels their upcoming test match in November. It looks like CA will do the ICC's dirty work for them:

A Test match cricket game between Australia and Afghanistan in Hobart later this year is likely to be cancelled, after the Taliban confirmed they would ban women from playing any sport.

Federal Sports Minister Richard Colbeck has told the ABC that Afghan athletes would "remain welcome in Australia, but not under the flag of the Taliban".

Senator Colbeck is now calling on the International Cricket Council to take a stand against the Taliban, given their position on women playing sport.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/08/taliban-s ... ghanistan/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-02/ ... /100427018

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-08/ ... /100445400
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:18 am I suspect the Taliban might also be considering self preservation by not having a women’s side.

When women with a Big wooden stick start smacking what are seen traditionally as men’s balls, and gain some satisfaction…I’ll let you extrapolate from there.
Are you enrolled in the new Gender Studies /Practical Empowerment #101 course too, Freight.

Flock the complaining, I've been telling the girls to kick the bastards in balls ever since my first wife did that too me.
That's why i'm so terrifically woke about these things these days.
It's not that i necessarily agree with ironing my own shirts. I just never intend to be that swollen and blue ever again in life..

The Visceral - sometimes it works much better than the Philosophical.

GO!... the Afghanistan Resistance Front Women's Cricket Team In Exile
Australia's men's 1st 11 are already running scared
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

How are people still debating this - the Australian government should step in if the blazers of the ICC don't immediately remove Afghanistan from its membership/eligbility for test matches, etc.

What is this "wait and see" approach? The Taliban are prehistoric murderous dinosaurs, not a single inch should be given to these morons. I'm really struggling with this narrative the Beeb and other media are putting out -the USA had to get out of Afghanistan, I don't doubt that a second, it was never going to work; BUT, dont' try and dress it up as "we thought they could change" nonsense. Afghans will be murdered in droves, the country again back in the dark ages.

I'll just leave this here ...
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Spigzy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:37 am How are people still debating this - the Australian government should step in if the blazers of the ICC don't immediately remove Afghanistan from its membership/eligbility for test matches, etc.

What is this "wait and see" approach? The Taliban are prehistoric murderous dinosaurs, not a single inch should be given to these morons. I'm really struggling with this narrative the Beeb and other media are putting out -the USA had to get out of Afghanistan, I don't doubt that a second, it was never going to work; BUT, dont' try and dress it up as "we thought they could change" nonsense. Afghans will be murdered in droves, the country again back in the dark ages.

I
This is the plan.

(@SternAAlbifrons is using pork in my example more unconscious bias?)
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by The Goat »

This is a political move.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic