US President visits Cuba

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Rutiger
Expatriate

US President visits Cuba

Post by Rutiger »

Younger folks might not grasp the full significance. Cuba boldly refused to bow to the US and went their own way, almost instigating WW3 in the process. Was the revolution good or bad...only Cubans can really say. Like all things, probably plenty of each. Either way, the thaw in US-Cuba relations opens up one of the least develpoed islands on the Western Hemisphere. Let's hope what development comes actually benefits the Cuban people and safeguards the environment, but I won't hold out too much hope for that.
Barack Obama to meet Raul Castro on historic visit

President Barack Obama is flying to Cuba for a historic visit to the island and talks with its communist leader.
The two-day visit will be the first by a sitting US president since Calvin Coolidge went 88 years ago.

Mr Obama will meet President Raul Castro - but not retired revolutionary leader Fidel Castro - and the pair will discuss trade and political reform.
Protesters were arrested in the capital Havana just hours before Mr Obama was due to arrive.

Police took away dozens of demonstrators from the Ladies in White group, formed by wives of political prisoners, from outside a church where they attempt to hold weekly protests.
Six sticking points to better relations

It is hard to overstate the significance of this trip because as recently as 18 months ago, the idea of a US president setting foot on Cuban soil would have been unthinkable, the BBC's North America editor Jon Sopel says.
There has been a rapid thaw in US-Cuba relations in recent years

But when Air Force One touches down in Havana on Sunday evening it will represent the opening of a new chapter in the affairs of the two nations, our correspondent says.
Mr Obama and Raul Castro will sit together at a state dinner, there will be a joint news conference and they will discuss trade.

The White House has made it clear President Obama will meet political dissidents, whether the Cuban authorities like it or not. That is expected to include members of the Ladies in White group, wives of political prisoners.

more
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Re: US President visits Cuba

Post by Popeye »

Aha, so the fucking Yanks are into Cuba now, are they!!! So another country that they will fuck up, as every where that they go!!!
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Hot spot!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

My dream. Obama-Iben-Lying and Hillary leaving the US with an illegal alien under each arm.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I'm a bit sad I didn't get the chance to go while it was still illegal.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

it wasn't the cubans who "nearly started ww3" it was the yanks sticking their nose in to other people business. again

the cubans asked the russians to put nuclear missiles there after the yanks failed to invade their country (bay of pigs) and as the yanks had missiles in italy and turkey the russians felt they had no option

so yet again the yanks fuck with the world same as it happening is the south china sea now.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

so yet again the yanks fuck with the world
Again/ Still !!!!!!

:good: :good: :good:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Yes, normalisation of relations with Cuba is diabolically imperialist.
so yet again the yanks fuck with the world same as it happening is the south china sea now
Yes, how dare they fortify islands far from their own shores and install missile batteries.
Dirty Yanks.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

frank lee bent wrote:Yes, normalisation of relations with Cuba is diabolically imperialist.
so yet again the yanks fuck with the world same as it happening is the south china sea now
Yes, how dare they fortify islands far from their own shores and install missile batteries.
Dirty Yanks.
you wouldnt get the brits doing that. oh no

the chinese are just building a resort that is all
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Sinn: I believe the US should start charging countries to protect them. So much for ever bullet, ship, soldier, sailor, etc. No pay, we pull out. Without having to defend other countries, America could have free health care, new rail systems, rebuild the freeways, and eliminate the national debit. Also we should cut off all foreign aid and stop funding over 20% of the useless UN. Also, Kennedy was not my fav pres. (after the Bay of Pigs), but he did stand up to the Russian bear and they backed down. (two biggest boys on the block face-off.) A lot of world leaders are shaking in their boots worrying that Trump will get elected. Also the big US agro-business's are pissing themselves because they know if he gets elected there goes their cheap illegal labor.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic