USA votes - prediction time

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

USA votes - prediction time

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Care to chance your arm?
Stick your head on the chopping block?
Reckon you've got a few of Nostradamus's genes swimming in your pool?

This is not about who you want, or who you think should,
nor about Biden being a useless lump of wood.
Too late for all that now.

Predictions please...

Mine is Biden, after tasting the entrails
- by a bigger majority than even most of us "commie democrats" (lol) think possible.
Pleasant surprise time.

That's my reckless defiance of political-credibility death.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Re: USA votes - prediction time

Post by angsta »

Trump can't win a fair election so him and his redneck buddies are hoping to suppress as much as the vote as possible What has American become? Embarrassing.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

I fancied a flutter.

I put £20 on trump to win

A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

angsta wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:52 pm Trump can't win a fair election so him and his redneck buddies are hoping to suppress as much as the vote as possible What has American become? Embarrassing.
Yeah I was expecting Biden to win up until the last few days when it’s become apparent just how bad it’s got.

Trump tweeted support for the people who tried to ram Biden’s bus off the road, police are pepper spraying and turning away people from the polling station in a left-leaning town in NC, Texas Reps are trying to invalidate 117,000 ballots that have already been cast based on a principle they could have easily raised 6 months ago but instead chose to wait until after people voted, and there’s reports all over the country that armed Trump militias are running voter intimidation at his request at polling places with the full support of the police. And this is all just in the last day.

This is the kind of election we’re used to seeing in Russia or third world dictatorships. This is no longer a democratic election.

Even if you’re a lifelong Republican you should be absolutely fucking sickened at this.
pauloxleyisland
Expatriate
Australia

Post by pauloxleyisland »

It’s a bit confusing really, all the media outlets and the polls are predicting a landslide victory to Biden. When I see news crosses to the USA I only ever see Trump supporters on the ground. I’m tipping Trump but I still can’t believe in a place as big as the USA that these guys are the best 2 choices they can come up with
I know the big words make your cock feel bigger, but I’m just an old truck driver keep it simple aye! 8)
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

Handicapping U.S. presidential elections is fairly basic. First, If you pick the incumbent every time, you will be right most of the time. Only two elected Presidents in the last 70 years have lost reelection...Carter and Bush Sr. Ford lost to Carter, but he was never elected.

Second, if you have an incumbent and the economy is good...he is nearly automatic. Right now the economy is bad, but 56% of Americans say they are better off now than four years ago, and I think Trump is trusted more to get the economy back on track.

Third, who is the most charismatic? Carter and Bush Sr. lost to Reagan and Clinton. Trump is charismatic and is the alpha...Biden is old and doddering, and has never been a good candidate in three tries at the Presidency. Even in the Dem. primaries he was polling at 8% until the powers that be rigged Super Tuesday.

Fourth, whose base is motivated? If you look at the size of the crowds at Trump rallies and look at spontaneous Trump parades around the country....it is clear that Trump's base is incredibly motivated, while on the other side...no one is voting FOR Biden, just against Trump.

Every indicator except for the polls are screaming Trump win.

At the current betting odds, Trump is a steal. I am heavily invested and might still get more money in.

Trump wins this by a mile.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

I suspect that there will be no result at all for a few months.
work is for people who cant find truffles
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Betting odds favor Biden, let's go with Biden

https://www.electionbettingodds.com/
covidsux
Expatriate
Bahamas

Post by covidsux »

Trump. No contest. CNN getting desperate, threw together a last-minute doco on Joe making him look like a saint.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Lonestar wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:06 am Fourth, whose base is motivated? If you look at the size of the crowds at Trump rallies and look at spontaneous Trump parades around the country....it is clear that Trump's base is incredibly motivated, while on the other side...no one is voting FOR Biden, just against Trump.

Trump wins this by a mile.
Trump's rallies are all for TV/exposure. Biden isn't holding rallies. So of course Trump's supporters *appear* motivated. But a lot of Democrat voters who didn't bother voting last time because polls predicted a landslide for Hilary will be more motivated than ever to vote this time.

I think Biden will take it out. Probably no landslide though.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic