Malaysia decriminalises

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Malaysia decriminalises

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeas ... e=homepage

Malaysia, second only to the Singapore Saudis for the determination of it's repression. Probably second only to Thailand to the number of lives it has broken. Maybe second to none for the number of people (mostly poor simple stooges) that it has executed.
NB >> for marijuana.

The boy took his finger out of the dyke
The dam wall has broken
The dominoes are finally falling
and there is no turning back

50 years of terror and death penalty and pain locked rock-solid across the whole region
pfft.. disaperio.. with barely a whisper

Try to find a meaning in that.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Malaysia decriminalises

Post by Freightdog »

SCMP article wrote: wants to introduce a law to decriminalise the possession and use of small quantities of illicit drugs, according to its home affairs minister, who cited a need to reduce prison overcrowding.
Maybe a small victory, but the motivation is questionable.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:43 am https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeas ... e=homepage

Malaysia, second only to the Singapore Saudis for the determination of it's repression. Probably second only to Thailand to the number of lives it has broken. Maybe second to none for the number of people (mostly poor simple stooges) that it has executed.
NB >> for marijuana.

The boy took his finger out of the dyke
The dam wall has broken
The dominoes are finally falling
and there is no turning back

50 years of terror and death penalty and pain locked rock-solid across the whole region
pfft.. disaperio.. with barely a whisper

Try to find a meaning in that.

All words , no action. Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim’ knows what it's like to be falsely accused and spend time in prison. When a certain Cambodian girl who has spent 11 and a half years on death row in Malaysia, after being tricked into carrying a bag of clothes which had drugs sewn into the lining, is released, has had a retrial, or even if if someone in the Malaysian justice system, or even the Cambodian system has made contact with her family members to let them know what is happening,,, then, we will know there are changes being made.
Yes that's right, 11 and a half years and not one bit of paper from lawyers, Malaysian or Cambodian officials , not one phone call or private meeting between them and her family in Cambodia.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Above:
link please?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:48 am Above:
link please?
No such thing as a link. If you dont believe me I will give you her name, prison number and the location of the prison and you can go and visit her yourself just as I have done.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Tootsfriend wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:56 am
phuketrichard wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:48 am Above:
link please?
No such thing as a link. If you dont believe me I will give you her name, prison number and the location of the prison and you can go and visit her yourself just as I have done.
So there has been no story done on her? wow, perhaps contact a news organization and get something going between them and the Cambodian government or Amnesty international, there must be a foreign office that would get involved.
I wont be visiting her but, best of luck
My days of visiting prisoners is over
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Life Pro Tip: Don't carry bags of clothes for Nigerian "friends".
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

John Bingham wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:37 pm Life Pro Tip: Don't carry bags of clothes for Nigerian "friends".
Agreed. Lets start educating every uneducated village girl that .
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:37 pm Life Pro Tip: Don't carry bags of clothes for Nigerian "friends".
Fact of life:
Few, if any, are not aware what they are doing

If its to good to be true, it usually is

"look all you need do is carry my bag to my brother, its all good, i'd never do anything to get you in trouble, I just cant fly now cause xxxxxxx and i'll pay your ticket and give ya a few $$"

As to Malaysia decimalizing weed< its a good move, people should not anywhere be locked up for smoking a weed and basically, in most cases, harms no one ( even the user)
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

In Thailand the un-imaginable has happened. Hopefully some more countries will follow. Times look good for potheads.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic