Want your own Disney like castle? Now you can for $400-500k with Turkish citizenship thrown in

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Want your own Disney like castle? Now you can for $400-500k with Turkish citizenship thrown in

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The Burj Al Babas in Turkey was designed as a luxury community for foreign buyers. Its developers intended for local hot springs to heat each home, claiming that the water has healing properties. As Turkey experiences an economic downturn, the project’s developers have filed for bankruptcy protection, and buyers have backed out of their purchases. The nation’s castle-like homes now sit empty in the northwestern region.

The region’s hot springs provide enough water to heat the homes, the Sarot Group’s chief executive officer, Mezher Yerdelen, told the New York Times.
“You can drink the waters, and it cures stomach ailments and kidney stones,” Yerdelen told the Times. “If you bathe in it, it heals skin problems, rheumatism, and slipped disks.”

Of the more than 732 villas, about 350 were sold to Arab investors. Many of the sales have since fallen through.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan recently offered citizenship to foreigners who own a property worth more than $US250,000 for three years.

ImageImageImageImage

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/turk ... las-2019-1
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Want your own Disney like castle? Now you can for $400-500k with Turkish citizenship thrown in

Post by Phnom Poon »

haha
thanks
that's the most retarded thing i've seen since . . .
driving today

monstra mihi bona!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Want your own Disney like castle? Now you can for $400-500k with Turkish citizenship thrown in

Post by AndyKK »

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:49 pm haha
thanks
that's the most retarded thing i've seen since . . .
driving today
Ha-ha I am not alone then, it can be a bit of an eye opener, that is putting it mildly, and a tad dangerous too, but wait on, you and I could be man of the manor, or should I say castle, and don’t worry about traffic congestion has there are no people.

The Burj Al Babas new housing project boasting of building more than 732 luxury villas from 2014. Adding to the appeal of the region’s hot springs, that would provide enough water to heat the homes, not only that, there is claim that the water has healing properties, to bath in the hot spring water it heals skin problems, and rheumatism, but to indulge more, and drink the waters, and it cures stomach ailments and kidney stones.
Its developer, the Sarot Group, aimed their sights on the investments of wealthy foreign buyers. With the hopes of the luxury aesthetic would be appealing. Initially it seemed that it had worked out like the developer had planned. Arab investors had bought 350 villas out of the 732 built.
The reality, many of the sales have since fallen through, from the Arab buyers of the villas of Burj Al Babas, that resembled castles with houses placed row upon row, blue-grey steeples and Gothic fixtures a continues copy from one to the next. Saying it could be confused for a diorama of miniature villas, being that the homes all look the same is an understatement, but truth, and I am betting the building company wish it was, the project’s developers have filed for bankruptcy protection, and buyers have backed out of their purchases of their healing waters and dream castles in the mountains.

Now the homes sit empty at the base of Turkey’s north western mountains, as Turkey experiences an economic downturn. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan recently offered citizenship to foreigners who own a property worth more than $US250,000 for three years.
Turkey is not a member of the EU but its closer relationship with the EU dates back to the early years of the EU’s foundation. In 1959, Turkey became one of the first states to seek the establishment of relations with the then European Economic Community. officially recognised as a candidate for full membership on 12 December 1999. It may be a blessing for the members of the EU that they are still not members or it could have cost them dearly, all I can say is we may be better for Brexit.

Too me the Burj Al Babas new housing project resembles one of those that failed, and there are many reasons why, for me, a house like this, and of its stator and scale, I would want space around me, with the likes of a good garden with trees and boundaries, the individual construction of the house may be good, but the many laid out like terraced rows of yesteryear do not appeal in my eyes, it has turned the architects work and possible dream into a nightmare where the building resembles castles of a Disney horror film, waiting for the new neighbours being the likes of the Addams family.
But more so the buildings resemble those abandoned buildings of the eastern bloc. (Don’t misunderstand me here, there are some fine buildings).

https://aardvark.news/vintagepictures/2 ... 7343750000

Or those throughout China, there are hundreds of cities that have almost everything one needs for a modern, urban lifestyle: high-rise apartment complexes, developed waterfronts, skyscrapers, and even public art. Everything, that is, except one major factor: people.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/em ... 82646.html

Just maybe Cambodia have got it right with the likes of Borey Peng Huoth. At least it is occupied and now some houses are coming on the market with first owners selling. I don’t know the first build price for the property but the sale price is as follows -
: The Star Platinum Rosato. Villa 4bedrooms, 5bathrooms
With properties now coming up on the resale market at a snip of a price, Resale Price per m²: $199,000 Negotiate has it stands the price $1,194,000
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Turkey with It's heavy censorship, politically motivated assassinations and entrenched patronage culture must sound like a paradise to some well respected posters. Time to step back from the keyboard and live your fantasy life in the real world.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Looks like a retirement village for oompa loompas.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

it has turned the architects work and possible dream into a nightmare where the building resembles castles of a Disney horror film, waiting for the new neighbours being the likes of the Addams family.
Gold. Cookie cutter haunted homes.

Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:39 am Image

Looks like a retirement village for oompa loompas.
Oh man. Good one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Buy some earplugs. All those towers are for the call to prayers :-) No pool, no garage? You can buy a nice villa with a pool in half a dozen European countries with residence permits for half that
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

pczz wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:27 am Buy some earplugs. All those towers are for the call to prayers :-)
Seems they knew who their target customers were:
Of the more than 732 villas, about 350 were sold to Arab investors

AndyKK wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:24 am Or those throughout China, there are hundreds of cities that have almost everything one needs for a modern, urban lifestyle: high-rise apartment complexes, developed waterfronts, skyscrapers, and even public art. Everything, that is, except one major factor: people.
Seems there's a mini version of this near PP airport. Very close to the main road and you could nearly shake hands with your neighbour in the adjoining tower.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:25 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:27 am Buy some earplugs. All those towers are for the call to prayers :-)
Seems they knew who their target customers were:
Of the more than 732 villas, about 350 were sold to Arab investors

AndyKK wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:24 am Or those throughout China, there are hundreds of cities that have almost everything one needs for a modern, urban lifestyle: high-rise apartment complexes, developed waterfronts, skyscrapers, and even public art. Everything, that is, except one major factor: people.
Seems there's a mini version of this near PP airport. Very close to the main road and you could nearly shake hands with your neighbour in the adjoining tower.
They are built close so you have an escape route when your block falls down
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic