Ffs, They get everywhere !!!!

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ffs, They get everywhere !!!!

Post by DaveG »

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Ffs, They get everywhere !!!!

Post by Duncan »

Now I'm just guessing here but ,, like most UK industries it is probably over-maned with too many workers cause nothing has been modernised . 4000 workers is a lot when it should have 4000 robots instead.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Duncan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Now I'm just guessing here but ,, like most UK industries it is probably over-maned with too many workers cause nothing has been modernised . 4000 workers is a lot when it should have 4000 robots instead.
In 10 years time those 4.000 people will be replaced by robots.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:04 pm

More like 5 years . China makes lots of robots and this is going to allow China to make even more for their steel mill in the UK.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Duncan wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:07 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:04 pm

More like 5 years . China makes lots of robots and this is going to allow China to make even more for their steel mill in the UK.
China is not going to spend the funds to continue the loss... That's for sure....
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

As a side note look at Port Kembla in Australia.

Bluescope steelworks employee base dwindle from a peak of 22,000 in the 1980s glory days to around 3000 today.

In 2015, it was revealed the company had investigated whether it should quit Port Kembla steel production altogether and instead import materials to finish and fabricate.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9Im2 ... AFUN9OMDs-
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The Chinese have depressed the price of steel globally by flooding the market, reduced the European producers to loss making concerns and now step in and pick up the companies for peanuts. I heard on the radio this morning that there isn't a single European steel mill that is profitable.

I agree about the robots, those 4000 jobs will be gradually reduced until they can make some money. They wont be squeamish about redundancies either, they'll lay them off and let the politicians suck up all the flack for the job losses (especially the local MP's)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic