Obama election meddling

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Obama election meddling

Post by canucklhead »

So now Obomber has endorsed "blackface" Trudeau in the Canadian federal election. Isnt this meddling? He wont even endorse his own ex vp Biden in the american election campaign.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Obama election meddling

Post by John Bingham »

Obama is no longer in office in case you haven't noticed.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
side
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by side »

canucklhead wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 am So now Obomber has endorsed "blackface" Trudeau in the Canadian federal election. Isnt this meddling? He wont even endorse his own ex vp Biden in the american election campaign.
Based on the context I assume you mean President Obama, which you've misspelled as Obomber, or else you're cool with a sub-sophomoric joke, I don't know which.... but anyway meddling is defined as "to busy oneself unduly with something that is not one's concern", so a bit like if your parents-in-law start telling your wife you need to mow the front lawn more often. It is not quite the same as a concerted and concealed effort at influencing the outcome of an election by dastardly, underhanded means.

So what do you mean?
Me, not that other crap.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

He flew to the UK in 2016 while he was president and argued why British voters should reject Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rade-talks
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:15 am Obama is no longer in office in case you haven't noticed.
Last seen clearing his desk and writing CVs to Westline.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:37 am He flew to the UK in 2016 while he was president and argued why British voters should reject Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rade-talks
I believe the sitting President also waded into the Brexit debate three short weeks ago, I take it you have no problem with that though?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 18861.html

Obama is a private citizen now, he can voice his opinion even if, ( according to my Canadian citizen son ) totally wrong. Trump would have a hard time not looking like a total hypocrite if he were to endorse Trudeau after his comments about him, but then the same could be said if he were to endorse Merkl, Turnbull, Jinping, Macron, Rouhani, Nieto and May, Of course, though Trump is not ashamed to look like a hypocrite as are those who sing Trump's praise but whine if Obama were to do the same.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"I believe the sitting President also waded into the Brexit debate three short weeks ago."

"The sitting President"doesn'wade into issues; "he jumps into the deep end.of issues over his head.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

side wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:15 am
canucklhead wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 am So now Obomber has endorsed "blackface" Trudeau in the Canadian federal election. Isnt this meddling? He wont even endorse his own ex vp Biden in the american election campaign.
Based on the context I assume you mean President Obama, which you've misspelled as Obomber, or else you're cool with a sub-sophomoric joke, I don't know which.... but anyway meddling is defined as "to busy oneself unduly with something that is not one's concern", so a bit like if your parents-in-law start telling your wife you need to mow the front lawn more often. It is not quite the same as a concerted and concealed effort at influencing the outcome of an election by dastardly, underhanded means.

So what do you mean?
Exactly. It is not his concern.
Brexit is not a Federal election.
side
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by side »

canucklhead wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:44 am
side wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:15 am

So what do you mean?
Exactly. It is not his concern.
Brexit is not a Federal election.
Still don't understand, are you saying he is not entitled to an opinion?
Me, not that other crap.
icetiger81
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by icetiger81 »

Agreed, he is not in office anymore, so he can say what ever the hell he wants to now that hes done
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic