The busiest air-travel day in aviation history.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

The busiest air-travel day in aviation history.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Image: Flightradar24

By By Melissa Locker

"Wednesday was the busiest day since Flightradar24, a site that monitors real-time air traffic, started tracking flights. On July 24, more than 225,000 flights took to the skies, according to a tweet from Flightradar24."

"An image captured at 14:25 UTC on Wednesday (aka 10:25 a.m. ET) offers a glimpse of the incredibly crowded European airspace, with cargo planes and helicopters, sightseeing planes and people jetting off to vacation or work or headed home to their couches. The landmark travel day breaks the record set just a few days earlier, when Flightradar24 reported that June 29 was the busiest flight day since the company began watching in 2006. That day boasted 202,157 aircraft, a number that shrinks in comparison to Wednesday’s 225,000 flights.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90382380/th ... looks-like
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: The busiest air-travel day in aviation history.

Post by Duncan »

Looks like the North Pole and the South Pole would be a nice quiet place for a holiday. Do Air Asia sell tickets to there ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Duncan wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:38 pm Looks like the North Pole and the South Pole would be a nice quiet place for a holiday. Do Air Asia sell tickets to there ?
With global warming you can now find some nice secluded beaches in Greenland I hear..

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Just finished reading "pole to Pole"
good read as are all his adventure series.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

This figure... 225,000 planes in the air at that moment simply underscores the futility of the “eco” movement. The irony, of course, is that in those 225,000 flights there will be a huge % of people who will claim to be “environmentally friendly” when in fact they are, just like the rest of us, equally to blame. And who among us is going to change, who is going to forego that business trip, family visit, holiday or stop working for that air-freight company ??
This figure will be broken again and again and again........ Eventually something will give, drive a system to hard and something always gives. The question is. Will we notice it when we reach that point?
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

IraHayes wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:41 pm This figure... 225,000 planes in the air at that moment simply underscores the futility of the “eco” movement.
non sequitur

monstra mihi bona!
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

^Also a 'no true Scotsman'.
Scarier than malaria.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Phnom Poon wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:57 pm
IraHayes wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:41 pm This figure... 225,000 planes in the air at that moment simply underscores the futility of the “eco” movement.
non sequitur
So almost a quarter of a million flights in the air at a given time is in no way connected to the eco movement.. gotcha.. they must have all been these electric planes AOC keeps dribbling on about.
A part of the dive of the “eco movement” is the reduction of air travel and dependence on fossil fuels. And how is having that record number in the air helping them achieve their goals?
It was late when I posted and it’s now early as I reply so I am prepared to be corrected.

Also, as a further note, would you agree or disagree with my statement that this figure will be repeatedly broken in the near future?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

IraHayes wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:40 am
Also, as a further note, would you agree or disagree with my statement that this figure will be repeatedly broken in the near future?
I expect this record to not last very long, won't even last a year.
CaptainNemo
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by CaptainNemo »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:45 pm
Duncan wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:38 pm Looks like the North Pole and the South Pole would be a nice quiet place for a holiday. Do Air Asia sell tickets to there ?
With global warming you can now find some nice secluded beaches in Greenland I hear..

Trump's got this whole global warming thing figured out... let all the troublesome parts of the world scorch, choke, and drown, and retire to the new Xanadu to play golf.
I'm not like other boys...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic