Why does Justin Trudeau have to apologise for dressing up in a theme party 18 years ago?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Why does Justin Trudeau have to apologise for dressing up in a theme party 18 years ago?

Post by yong »

Its for theme party for crying out loud. Its 18 years ago.

Why are people so hurt?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ge-emerges

Justin Trudeau brownface: Canada PM apologises after image emerges
Canadian prime minister says he deeply regrets image from 2001 party, which emerges weeks out from election
Kate Lyons and Leyland Cecco

Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: Why does Justin Trudeau have to apologise for dressing up in a theme party 18 years ago?

Post by Captain Bonez »

yong wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:41 pm Why are people so hurt?
Because there are a shitload of whiny, sensitive, little, butthurt bitches out there these days.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Why does Justin Trudeau have to apologise for dressing up in a theme party 18 years ago?

Post by fax »

Same reason why nobody hosts the Oscar's anymore.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Looks like he's doing a Peter Sellers impersonation.

Some press is saying that his hand on the woman in the black dress is sexual assault. :facepalm:

#MeToo #StopTheWorldImGettingOff
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

The Canadian PM was a substitute drama teacher prior to becoming head of his nation. He claims to be middle class but drives a vintage MB 300SL and spends the money his grandfather made. He was chosen to lead the Liberal party simply because his father was PM several times (3 or 4) and is a beacon of gender / race equality, he practices yoga.
He would apologize for being white if he thought it would get him re elected this October. Fortunately most left leaning Canadians have come to the conclusion a turd with the right surname is still a turd.
Artfarty
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Artfarty »

Let me guess,,, He's vegan too!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Well, i don't like Cambodian whiteface

Nothing is a bad a the white pancake my wife wears to weddings.
And she hates my healthy tan and reckons I should cover my face in greasy white sunscreen whenever I go out in the sun.

More blackface in Cambodia would be a very good thing, i reckon.
Jim Gil
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Jim Gil »

I think people get too riled up by the mistakes that we make in our youth / young adulthood, there's a photo of me dressed as Brittany Spears somewhere, not a good look.
In this case though he is the Prime minister and 18 years ago people were well aware that Blackface was at least 'controversial'.
It seems nowadays that to succeed in politics it helps to be a Pussy grabbing, Pig head fucking, Girlfriend beating Al Jolson impersonator. Or maybe it's always been that way.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

He is being held to account because the radical left will eat their own.
I find it almost enjoyable actually...... and the only thing that amuses me more is their hypocrisy... you know like lecturing us on how eco friendly they are while jetting off on their private jet to go watch a friend play tennis.
Jim Gil
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Jim Gil »

IraHayes wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:20 pm He is being held to account because the radical left will eat their own.
I find it almost enjoyable actually...... and the only thing that amuses me more is their hypocrisy... you know like lecturing us on how eco friendly they are while jetting off on their private jet to go watch a friend play tennis.
Radical leftists wouldn't support the hugely polluting Canadian oil fields, or fail to address the deep seated problems with the indigenous population.
I find it amusing the way that the 'radical' tag is thrown around so easily these days by both the left and right about policies that simply aren't. I think the only radical policy in the U.S. or Canada at the moment is Trumps wall which seems may actually be built now they have funding.
In my view it is a sad reflection on our society that no one tries to justify their point of view but simply attacks another's.
( I'm not accusing you of doing that, to be clear).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic