Road Deaths.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
DaveG
Expatriate
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:45 am
Reputation: 788
Cambodia

Road Deaths.

Post by DaveG » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:07 pm

User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 3011
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 546
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: Road Deaths.

Post by cptrelentless » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Don't the also all drive electric cars? I'd imagine with everyone being huddled round Oslo for warmth that it's probably easier to manage an integrated transportation system.
BR549
Expatriate
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:44 pm
Reputation: 188
United States of America

Re: Road Deaths.

Post by BR549 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:30 pm

So, the point of this is nobody drives in big cities?
More stabbings than road deaths by 2045?
People who live where you have to drive die more on the road than where people don't drive?
Just saying.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Road Deaths.

Post by pczz » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am

DaveG wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:07 pm
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 69441.html

Just saying.
Eggs and oranges. the population of Norway is tiny, Oslo is small. Traffic density is a major contributor of deaths in towns. logically if 7 million live in a town 50km *30 km they less space to avoid each other than 3 million in a city 40*20km
User avatar
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Reputation: 355
Vietnam

Re: Road Deaths.

Post by Cruisemonkey » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:42 am

pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am
logically if 7 million live in a town 50km *30 km they less space to avoid each other than 3 million in a city 40*20km
WTF does that mean?
You could be next.
User avatar
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:01 am
Reputation: 435
France

Re: Road Deaths.

Post by Ghostwriter » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:04 am

The future is definitely not like it was told me it would be

[media] [/media]

I want a refund
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Road Deaths.

Post by pczz » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:03 pm

Cruisemonkey wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:42 am
pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am
logically if 7 million live in a town 50km *30 km they less space to avoid each other than 3 million in a city 40*20km
WTF does that mean?
Traffic density. England is one of the most densely built up countries in Europe. There are more vehicles and pedestrians per square mile than in Oslo, so there is more chance of accidents happening. Most accidents happen in towns
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 2873
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 1063
Cambodia

Re: Road Deaths.

Post by Kammekor » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:08 pm

pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:03 pm
Cruisemonkey wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:42 am
pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am
logically if 7 million live in a town 50km *30 km they less space to avoid each other than 3 million in a city 40*20km
WTF does that mean?
Traffic density. England is one of the most densely built up countries in Europe. There are more vehicles and pedestrians per square mile than in Oslo, so there is more chance of accidents happening. Most accidents happen in towns
Ever been to Oslo?

I don't think your statement is correct. Replace 'England' with London or Manchester, OK... But England.... No.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Road Deaths.

Post by pczz » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Kammekor wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:08 pm
pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:03 pm
Cruisemonkey wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:42 am
pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am
logically if 7 million live in a town 50km *30 km they less space to avoid each other than 3 million in a city 40*20km
WTF does that mean?
Traffic density. England is one of the most densely built up countries in Europe. There are more vehicles and pedestrians per square mile than in Oslo, so there is more chance of accidents happening. Most accidents happen in towns
Ever been to Oslo?

I don't think your statement is correct. Replace 'England' with London or Manchester, OK... But England.... No.
The population of london is 9 million, Oslo is around 700,000
London area 1610 kmsq i s oslo is 130kmsq
London has 5600 people per km sq Oslo has 5300, but
Norway as a whole has a density of 15 people per km sq. Uk has a density of 274 per km sq (including SCotland , wales and NI. If you only count England it is 430 per kmsq or 28 times more people per sq km.
Norway has about 8 million registered personal vehicles, the uk had 32 million in the third quarter of 2019
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deefer, IraHayes, TaxKHpro, timmydownawell and 147 guests