Conservative Riot

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Conservative Riot

Post by takeoman »

There was uproar in the UK parliament when the leader of the opposition was accused of calling PM Theresa May a ''stupid woman.I fail to understand why as, although I have no conclusive proof, I accept she is a woman, and she has spent a lengthy political career, repeatedly proving her stupidity. Therefore the two words are merely a correct description of the individual in question. I guess in this ridiculous politically correct world it is now unacceptable to say anything negative about a member of the female sex(probably not allowed to use the last two words either). :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Conservative Riot

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Just media fluff to distract from the real issues, a post on another forum summed up a prior MPs hijinks

"Lord Stratford was renowned for his sharp tongue. Here are some examples of his rudeness
• At a Labour Party conference he described then Tory leader William Hague as a "foetus".
• Another Tory MP, Terry Dicks, was dismissed as "living proof that a pig's bladder on the end of a stick can be elected to Parliament".
• During a Commons debate he accused Margaret Thatcher of having "the sensitivity of a sex-starved boa-constrictor" and on another occasion he called her a "half mad old bag lady".
• The former chancellor Kenneth Clarke was dismissed as "a pot-bellied old soak".
• John Major, the former prime minister, was described as "so unpopular, if he became a funeral director people would stop dying".
• He had no time for Liberal Democrats, who were "woolly-hatted, muesli-eating, Tory lick-spittles".
• He denounced Canadians as "dickheads" for culling seals.
• He once suggested installing Durex machines in Westminster so that the Tories would have fewer illegitimate children.
• An ardent republican, Lord Stratford was once caught on camera crossing his fingers during the parliamentary oath of allegiance to the Queen.
• Even when he retired from the Commons last year he did not go quietly. He said he was stepping down because dealing with constituents' problems was "intellectually numbing and tedious in the extreme"."

The John Major insult is brilliant TBF lol
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Conservative Riot

Post by IraHayes »

This Lord Stratford sounds like a top bloke.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic