Bible Basher Killed by Savage Tribe for being Annoying

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bible Basher Killed by Savage Tribe for being Annoying

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Man killed by tribe on remote Indian island tried to 'declare Jesus'
John Allen Chau’s diary suggests he knew the risks of going to North Sentinel Island
Thu 22 Nov 2018 09.15 GMT
An American man who was killed by an isolated tribe on a remote Indian island wrote to his parents hours before his death that he wanted to “declare Jesus” to the tribespeople and told them they should “not be angry at them or at God if I get killed”.

John Allen Chau, 26, is believed to have been hit with a volley of arrows and killed on Friday shortly after making land on North Sentinel Island, part of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

The island, which is off-limits to visitors without permission, is home to a 30,000-year-old tribe that is known to aggressively resist outsiders.

However, Chau repeatedly tried to contact the tribespeople, managing to reach the island the day before he was killed and trying to offer gifts of fish and a football, he wrote in his diary.

“I heard the whoops and shouts from the hunt,” Chau wrote in an entry that was given to several media outlets by his mother. “I made sure to stay out of arrow range, but unfortunately that meant I was also out of good hearing range.

“So I got a little closer as they (about six from what I could see) yelled at me, I tried to parrot their words back to them. They burst out laughing most of the time, so they probably were saying bad words or insulting me.

“I hollered, ‘My name is John, I love you and Jesus loves you’. I regret I began to panic slightly as I saw them string arrows in their bows. I picked up the fish and threw it towards them. They kept coming.

“I paddled like I never have in my life back to the boat. I felt some fear but mainly was disappointed. They didn’t accept me right away.”

One of the tribespeople – “a kid probably about 10 or so years old, maybe a teenager” – had fired at arrow that he claimed had struck his bible. “Well, I’ve been shot by the Sentinelese,” he wrote that night, onboard a boat he paid fishermen 25,000 rupees (£275) to let him stay on, moored close to the island.

The next day, as he prepared to make another approach, Chau wrote a letter to his parents. “You guys might think I’m crazy in all this, but I think it’s worth it to declare Jesus to these people,” he said.

“Please do not be angry at them or at God if I get killed. Rather, please live your lives in obedience to whatever he has called you to and I’ll see you again when you pass through the veil.

“This is not a pointless thing. The eternal lives of this tribe is at hand and I can’t wait to see them around the throne of God worshipping in their own language, as Revelations 7:9-10 states.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... lare-jesus
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Bible Basher Killed by Savage Tribe for being Annoying

Post by frank lee bent »

Ffs thAt place is a notorious zoo.
I vote title is accurate.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

He probable put his fate in the hands of his God.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

perhaps we could round a few of the up and bring them to cambodia to show the khmers how to do this
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

missionaries have been getting killed for hundreds of years around the world
nice to see, somethings never change
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I can t say I am sure abot Jesus, but this missionary proves there is a god!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

If God loves us all as his children what is so fucking special about jesus?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Arget wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:46 pm If God loves us all as his children what is so fucking special about jesus?
:please:
he died an came back 3 days later and rose to heaven.
know anyone else that has done this?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:06 pm
Arget wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:46 pm If God loves us all as his children what is so fucking special about jesus?
In a strange turn of events, a 95-year-old man came back to life after being declared dead by the doctors.
As reported by The Times of India, Budh Ram, the man in question woke up at his own funeral. He was taken to the hospital by his family after he allegedly fainted at his house in Khetri, Rajasthan.
https://www.scoopwhoop.com/95-year-old- ... .84jr44jle ScoopWhoop-Nov 11, 2561 BE 11 days ago

And this guy was declared dead by a Dr. !
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:30 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:06 pm
In a strange turn of events, a 95-year-old man came back to life after being declared dead by the doctors.
As reported by The Times of India, Budh Ram, the man in question woke up at his own funeral. He was taken to the hospital by his family after he allegedly fainted at his house in Khetri, Rajasthan.
https://www.scoopwhoop.com/95-year-old- ... .84jr44jle ScoopWhoop-Nov 11, 2561 BE 11 days ago

And this guy was declared dead by a Dr. !
Very bad doctors. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic