Emirates flight with dozens of sick passengers lands at JFK

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

September 7, 2018
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Eleven people on an Emirates airline flight were taken to a New York City hospital suffering flu-like symptoms on Wednesday after scores of passengers and crew complained of feeling sick during a 14-hour trip from the Middle East, officials said.

Laboratory tests on respiratory samples from the patients have yet to confirm the illness, but their histories and symptoms – fever, cough and vomiting – indicate influenza, said Dr. Oxiris Barbot, New York City’s acting health commissioner.

Some passengers in recent days had attended the annual Haj pilgrimage to the Muslim holy city of Mecca on the Arabian Peninsula, a region where the flu virus was circulating, and could have contracted the illness there, Dr Barbot said. It was also possible the virus was transmitted between passengers during the lengthy flight, she said.

All who were hospitalised were in stable condition and none was in need of “extreme” medical attention, Dr Barbot said

The airline and the mayor’s office said 19 people were confirmed ill. Three passengers and seven crew members went to Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Queens, and nine other passengers medically evaluated at the scene were released afterward, Dubai-based Emirates said.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50531548/e ... ds-at-jfk/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Emirates flight with dozens of sick passengers lands at JFK

Post by bolueeleh »

its old news, CEO news network :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: got to up ur game a little
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

there have been 3 in 3 days
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

there is speculation that the resurgent Zaire strain of Ebola is the cause of concern.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

frank lee bent wrote:there is speculation that the resurgent Zaire strain of Ebola is the cause of concern.
Yeah, fair call
I would also like to add that speculation works along the lines of ; the earth is flat .
Not trying to get up FLB, but....
You know; information toxicity i calls it!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

they do not inspect planeloads of people in quarantine here in USA because of flu as these 3 incidents report as cause.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:57 pm there is speculation that the resurgent Zaire strain of Ebola is the cause of concern.
Ebola? Where did you read that? I did a google search and can't find anything about ebola being suspected. Scary stuff if true. And on an Airbus A380, no less.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

it was on the local TV news. as I said, it was speculation- probably due to the city I am living in having a few active ebola cases in 2015, and the nature of the sensationalized news media.

I also cannot find a text source for it.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:38 am
frank lee bent wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:57 pm there is speculation that the resurgent Zaire strain of Ebola is the cause of concern.
Ebola? Where did you read that? I did a google search and can't find anything about ebola being suspected. Scary stuff if true. And on an Airbus A380, no less.

It would be a good scare if they found ebola circulating through the air conditioning of a A380. I could imagine no passengers wanting to travel, airports on high security, passengers checked for health problems, and air tickets discounted at the last minuet to fill up empty seats.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

Couldnt imagine the smell in the plane from toilet usage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic