Chinese Visa free visit (🇨🇵, 🇩🇪, 🇮🇹, 🇳🇱,🇪🇦,🇲🇾)

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Chinese Visa free visit (🇨🇵, 🇩🇪, 🇮🇹, 🇳🇱,🇪🇦,🇲🇾)

Post by ressl »

Since a few months, passport holders of France, Germany, Italy, Dutch, Spain and Malaysia are temporary (30th if November 2024) eligible for a 15 day visa free visit to visit China for business or tourism purposes. Has anyone 1st hand experience this works like expected (boarding the plane just with a ticket and passport), or are there any other things to take care of?
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Chinese Visa free visit (🇨🇵, 🇩🇪, 🇮🇹, 🇳🇱,🇪🇦,🇲🇾)

Post by Ghostwriter »

So, it's free to get in, but will we actually have to buy something in order to get out ?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Chinese Visa free visit ([emoji1073], [emoji629], [emoji634], [emoji1179],[emoji1069],[emoji1157])

Post by newkidontheblock »

Under the new anti-espionage law, anything can be considered espionage. Especially not buying enough souvenirs to boost the economy.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Thanks for the helpful answer. It looks like I will be sent to China tomorrow, and I think I will simply have to give it a try - hit or miss... But according to the information I was able to find so far, just rock up with a ticket and passport at the airport and go
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
KunKhmerSR
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by KunKhmerSR »

Unlike the other jokers here I am genuinely curious about this as I was considering visiting China in the near future!
Please post an update how it went with the entry/visa process
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

ressl wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:43 am Thanks for the helpful answer. It looks like I will be sent to China tomorrow, and I think I will simply have to give it a try - hit or miss... But according to the information I was able to find so far, just rock up with a ticket and passport at the airport and go
You'll be fine. A friend of mine has been to China twice since they introduced this scheme. All they might be interested in, besides your passport from an eligible country of course, is your ticket out.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Chinese Visa free visit ([emoji1073], [emoji629], [emoji634], [emoji1179],[emoji1069],[emoji1157])

Post by Alex »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:32 am Under the new anti-espionage law, anything can be considered espionage. Especially not buying enough souvenirs to boost the economy.
More dumb Taiwanese propaganda.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Alex wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:54 am
ressl wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:43 am Thanks for the helpful answer. It looks like I will be sent to China tomorrow, and I think I will simply have to give it a try - hit or miss... But according to the information I was able to find so far, just rock up with a ticket and passport at the airport and go
You'll be fine. A friend of mine has been to China twice since they introduced this scheme. All they might be interested in, besides your passport from an eligible country of course, is your ticket out.
Thanks, this is really helpful, since this is a business trip and here I usually book the flight back "on demand", not to a specific date before departure
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic