Thinking of travelling to the states?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Thinking of travelling to the states?

Post by phuketrichard »

ESTA application for EU citizen for US travel authorization using the official web site "www.esta.us/"
ESTA stands for Electronic System for Travel Authorization. ESTA is an online application system developed by the United States government to pre-screen travelers before they are allow to board an airplane or ship bound for the United States.

The visa waiver program is a U.S. government program that enables citizens and nationals from the Visa Waiver Countries to enter the United States for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa. The advantage of entering the United States under the visa waiver program is that you can travel to the United States on short notice without obtaining a visa.
http://www.esta.us/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ronny
BANNED

Re: Thinking of travelling to the states?

Post by Ronny »

Off the record here, PhuketRichard, but you're American, aren't you? Would you ever want to go live back in the States? I think I'd suffer culture shock if I ever had to go back there after having lived here for so many years. And from what I've read, politically and economically, America is a mess so who would want to go back?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Ronny wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:50 pm Off the record here, PhuketRichard, but you're American, aren't you? Would you ever want to go live back in the States? I think I'd suffer culture shock if I ever had to go back there after having lived here for so many years. And from what I've read, politically and economically, America is a mess so who would want to go back?
Yep
I moved in '97 to Monterey Ca ( after 15 years in SE asia) , lasted 14 months :beer3:
No plans to ever go back to live, ( its been almost 4 years since i have even visited)
Last time i visited my daughter, after 12 days i was ready to leave, ( i do miss safeway, taco bell, arby's & IHOP)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

It is boring as fuck there, but the libraries are excellent.
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

I know what you mean, PhuketRichard. There will always be a few things we miss but in the broad scheme of things I wouldn't want to go back and live there. And the good news is that in a few years there'll probably be a few Taco Bell and Arbys franchises opening up here anyway. But for the time being I go to Burger King and Subway which are both a helluva lot better than the crappy KFCs and McDonalds they have here. There is a pretty darn good Mexican restaurant on Silom Rd (a little on the expensive side, but...)so if you ever head up here to Bkk try it out. There's Sizzler too so that's another good option. It's so funny to see the Thais go to the salad bar and stack their plates until the plates look like mountains. Such a sight to behold, lol...
karenwzagere
Tourist
United States of America

Post by karenwzagere »

Wow! This is great. I am very much pleased and impressed with the information. This is what my brother told me the last time.

I can see that this is very helpful similar with this website that my brother told me so. Kindly check if this can help you too https://estavisa.com.au
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Wow. Do you really have a brother you actually talk to?
If you did he'd say stop spamming and get out more.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I used the ESTA system when I travelled to the Staes several years ago, was simple enough and saved hassle. I cannot use it anymore though, due to certain visas/stamps in my passport, if I wanted to travel to the states now I would need to apply for a visa through a US Embassy and be interviewed...thankfully I have no intention of traveling to the US any time soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic