At least 5 dead in Ft. Lauderdale airport shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

At least 5 dead in Ft. Lauderdale airport shooting

Post by hanno »

Not much else known at this stage:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38535699
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: At least 5 dead in Ft. Lauderdale airport shooting

Post by frank lee bent »

SWAT team appears to think there may be another active shooter inside the terminal
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

media now reporting the shooter is ISIS
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Frank do you have a link for that. I could find no updates on BBC or NPR.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

it is all over american television
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Esteban Santiago: What we know so far about suspect who allegedly killed at least five and injured eight more
The 26-year-old was born in New Jersey and had served in Iraq

The man who is suspected of gunning down at least 13 people at Fort Lauderdale airport, killing five, has been named as a 26-year-old US citizen Esteban Santiago.

The suspect, who is unharmed and in custody, reportedly told the FBI a few months ago that he was hearing voices in his head, that the government "controlled his mind" and "forced" him to watch Isis videos.

He was also being prosecuted for domestic violence, after he threatened his girlfriend through a door last January, broke through it and strangled her, as reported by The Daily Beast.

Santiago was photographed at the baggage area at terminal two at the Florida airport on Friday afternoon shortly after he allegedly opened fire, randomly shooting people in the head.

His brother, Bryan Santiago, told the Associated Press that the suspect was receiving psychological treatment in Alaska, where he was living, and the family was alerted to this after receiving a call from his girlfriend...

Law enforcement officials told CNN that Santiago had showed up at the FBI office in Anchorage a few months ago. He was interviewed and said he was hearing voices, including some telling him to join Isis.
He then voluntarily checked himself in to hospital for a mental health evaluation...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 13976.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Thaks for that update CEO. I read the following on NPR,"Police Chief Jesse Davis of Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport says Santiago departed the Alaska facility on a Delta flight, having left a firearm in his checked baggage, as required. Davis tells NPR's Richard Gonzales that Santiago did not draw attention to himself at the airport, was not previously known to the airport police and apparently was traveling alone."

I didn't know firearms were allowed in checked baggage.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

taabarang wrote:

''I didn't know firearms were allowed in checked baggage.

Must be declared & unloaded & locked in case. No loose shells.
Other than that no problem.
However that may change.

TSA regulations require that your gun be packed in a hard-sided container that's locked. You'll then place that container in your checked luggage.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

HE ONLY checked in his hard shell gun case, as Alaska has many hunters, this is not uncommon, but it is uncommon and should have raised flags as that was the ONLY checked luggage he had.

BTW dam good shot 13 bullets, 5 dead 8 wounded

FBI,TSA, CIA, NSA, ABC, are all under staffed,
soon there will be one government agent assigned/case to follow up on the 100,000 files or so they get yearly.

Regardless of what they tell you and no matter where you are, Your not really safe
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

phuketrichard wrote:HE ONLY checked in his hard shell gun case, as Alaska has many hunters, this is not uncommon, but it is uncommon and should have raised flags as that was the ONLY checked luggage he had.
Regardless of what they tell you and no matter where you are, Your not really safe
How many red flags do they need ?
Witnesses said the gunman was involved in an altercation during the flight, but the incident was not serious enough for him to be stopped when the plane landed.
To sum up, an obviously disturbed man, recently released (or self-released) from psychiatric treatment, who was known to the FBI, an ex-Iraq US military guy with a history of domestic violence, gets on a plane with a gun as his only checked luggage, creates a disturbance on the flight, and then ... surprise, he's a psycho-killer.

Didn't ring any bells or raise any flags ? What do they need, a freaking foghorn ?
Common sense ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic