'Troll dick' broken off by vandals, to be re-erected

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

'Troll dick' broken off by vandals, to be re-erected

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

In Norway, the rock formation is known as Trollpikken, or troll dick, troll penis etc. The motive for the vandalism remains unknown.

- Activists are collecting money to repair a penis-shaped rock formation in southern Norway after the popular tourist attraction was found badly damaged.
Joggers on Saturday discovered that the Trollpikken rock formation appeared to have been cut off, and noted drilling holes in the rock – which experts said strongly suggested the rock had been vandalised.
Police were looking for tips to find those responsible for the damage. A crime of environmental vandalism, classed as serious, can bring a prison sentence.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... vandalised
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: 'Troll dick' broken off by vandals, to be re-erected

Post by hanno »

I just have absolutely no time for vandals; I hope they find them and use their drills on them.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Trollpikken rises again lol.
Dunno if I would stand on it even so.
After an overwhelmingly successful fund-raising campaign to finance costs, a phallic-shaped rock that was cut down by vandals in June has risen again in the hills of southwestern Norway.

The rock called Trollpikken (literally, The Troll Cock) was hoisted back into place through an elaborate repair operation involving scaffolding, a crane and bolts. The rock proved to be too heavy for a helicopter to raise it back into position.

The workers still need to carry out more work to secure the rock, and clean up after themselves. NRK reported that the hoisting job was conducted with “millimeter precision.”

It will still take a while before the rigging and scaffolding can be removed. Iron rods, glue and cement are still needed to hold the phallic rock in place. It will also take at least another week before visitors trekking to the site in Eigersund can stand on Trollpikken.
http://www.newsinenglish.no/2017/07/07/ ... ses-again/
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

hanno wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:16 pm I just have absolutely no time for vandals; I hope they find them and use their drills on them.
How bout graffiti?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Lorena Bobbitt is at it again!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic