WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange

Post by phuketrichard »

announced Monday that after spending two years in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London he will "soon" leave the diplomatic safe harbor.

He made the comments during a joint press conference with Ecuador's Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino. Assange did not elaborate on the timing.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... /14219537/

Saw the news conference on cnn. seems he has been hurting plus I think is tired of the bullshit,

So how many agree with what he did with Wikileaks/is doing I do

How many believe the Swedish government made trumped up charges to get him back to Sweden so the us government could take him I do

How any believe we (all governments) have to many secrets? I do
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Re: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange

Post by Dr Anik »

I support Wiki leaks, all whistle blowers in fact. Odd thing is he hasn't, to my knowledge, been charged by Swedish authorities to date.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Depends on what secret is being told. Loved snowden. But think Bradley Manning should executed via fire squad.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I support whistleblowers who expose what I consider to be cover-up's going against the public interest in any sphere of authority, so Assange is good in my book. I believe Sweden are being used by the US to get Assange, the timing of the allegations were too coincidental. What interests me is what the US are using as leverage on Sweden. I admit I'm a conspiracy theorist and also noted the coincidental timing of the Cambodian police nabbing the Pirate Bay guy a week or so after the government received a large aid donation from Sweden.

In the UK I fully expect a former Home Secretary to be exposed as covering up and possibly being involved in a particular strand of the ongoing child abuse enquiry. If it weren't for the persistence of Private Eye I doubt the whole phone tapping scandal would have been forced out.

So my respect goes to those that risk their personal freedom against Big Brother.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

brave fellow he has my respect hope he's allowed to go on fighting the good fight
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic