Fisk on KSA's horrible war in Yemen (General, please note)

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Fisk on KSA's horrible war in Yemen (General, please note)

Post by mammothboy2 »

My, how time flies - in the mid-sixties (a mere half-century ago) Robert Fisk was the super-smartie wunderkind of Lancaster University
Student Journalist of the Year and so on - and he has written at vast (and erudite) length about Ulster, Palestine and much more at
(thoroughly justifiable) opinionated great length over the years.

So here he is telling us that the Saudis have trouble paying their bills (to be fair, they uncomplainingly paid MB2's last bill - an airfare from Jazan to
Dubai to Beijing to Siem Reap) because of the regime's meaningless war in Yemen.

The General - if nobody else - will find this of interest; it is not "mundane crap" within the meaning of the act.
daraly
Expatriate

Re: Fisk on KSA's horrible war in Yemen (General, please note)

Post by daraly »

If it of interest to The General alone why not PM it to him. It's certainly of no interest to the bulk of us. Mundane or not it's irrelevant to my life in Cambodia.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

More than one reader here has lived/worked in the Gulf, so the topic is hardly of interest to the General alone.

Perhaps a photo of a passed-out white person lying in a pool of urine and vomit would interest you more?
daraly
Expatriate

Post by daraly »

Your heavy handed attempt to insult me has not gone unnoticed, hence I will answer the following question, "Perhaps a photo of a passed-out white person lying in a pool of urine and vomit would interest you more?"

Possibly, is it a selfie?
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

Those of us who slumber in pools of urine and puke occasionally forget to post the link which was the purpose of
the posting in the first place

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/sau ... 32466.html

Other heartening news from the website of the Youkay "Independent" today is that the police of one U.S. state are to be equipped with armed drones.

If serious criminals like the Crips, Bloods and Gangsta Disciples also acquire armed drones, the police and the gangs can have dogfights in the sky
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Fisk on KSA's horrible war in Yemen (General, please note)

Post by General Mackevili »

daraly wrote:Your heavy handed attempt to insult me has not gone unnoticed, hence I will answer the following question, "Perhaps a photo of a passed-out white person lying in a pool of urine and vomit would interest you more?"

Possibly, is it a selfie?
LoL.

I have to agree. Bad news coming out of the middle east is no news at all.

While I appreciate you or anyone taking the time to start new topics on CEO, Mammoth, no more topics about the middle east please. We all know where they lead to...

Thx
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic