Newly arrived

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
episteme
Tourist

Newly arrived

Post by episteme »

So, it's my second day in Cambodia now, I landed here from Taiwan (and from a trajectory of other different places before that...)
I've been looking forward to relocating in this part of the world for some time, have a girlfriend that's Taiwanese as it so happened along the way (she's not around me now, traveling in Europe with her mom...) and picked Cambodia as, in a way, the most uniquely.... not even sure what's the right word? A friend described it as "like India, but buddhist", think that's an apt observation from what I've seen and experienced so far.

So, I'm looking for work. That might not even necessarily be a paid job with a salary, I wouldn't mind doing some volunteer work either, granted it's of the adequate type. English is not REALLY my native tongue (it's Bulgarian), but funnily enough I'd say my English is better than my Bulgarian - speak and write flawlessly, no accent either. Never bothered to take any such certificates for what I've felt was obvious and easily demonstrated.

I've done a lot of work in the IT industry years back - Linux related, sysadmin work, infosec, etc. (Currently trying to get myself well acquainted with the inside workings and language of the Ethereum blockchain ecosystem and it's decentralized applications...)

Have always had a pull towards Philosophy, Literature, the Social Sciences, etc. (sporadic jobs writing here and there as well), and have also done a bit of construction, drilling, etc.

That pretty much sums it up - I've checked whatever resources and information I could find, but thought I'd also make a mention here.
I'm right now in Phnom Penh, but would generally - if possible - prefer to set myself up somewhere Sihanoukville (yes, I know, it's a creepy shit hole I am told, attracting certain types, etc. etc... that aside tho..)

Thanks. :)
eriksank
Expatriate

Re: Newly arrived

Post by eriksank »

Sounds interesting. Send me a pm to discuss the options.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

episteme wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:07 pm prefer to set myself up somewhere Sihanoukville (yes, I know, it's a creepy shit hole I am told, attracting certain types, etc. etc... that aside tho..)
no different from the rest of Cambodia, everywhere has their crazies, deathpats, peados and bums, but we just have beaches which make the other places jealous :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
episteme
Tourist

Post by episteme »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:11 pm
episteme wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:07 pm prefer to set myself up somewhere Sihanoukville (yes, I know, it's a creepy shit hole I am told, attracting certain types, etc. etc... that aside tho..)
no different from the rest of Cambodia, everywhere has their crazies, deathpats, peados and bums, but we just have beaches which make the other places jealous :thumb:
yesssss...
i posted the above too early.
i'm getting the vibe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic