Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Job seekers, look here. Employee seekers, post here.

Anyone posting Herbalife or any other MLM will not only be removed and banned, we'll likely hire people to find out where you live and burn your house down you exploitive pricks.
Film Fixers Cambodia
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:21 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Phnom Penh

Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by Film Fixers Cambodia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:15 am

We are casting for 'extras' with minor speaking roles for a new National Geographic program being filmed in Phnom Penh during August 4-9 2019.

No previous acting experience is required however applicants should be comfortable reciting a few lines on camera.

We are currently seeking extras for the following roles:

1) Character 1: Caucasian Male, Early 20's with an American Accent. Clean cut appearance. Nicely spoken, Caring person.
2) Character 2: Caucasian Male, Early 20's to mid 30's. Handsome, medium height and build. Well spoken. Wealthy background, likes to party.
3) Character 3: African Male, early 20's to Mid 30's West African Accent. Confident and Street Smart.
4) African Male, American Accent 20's to mid 30's. Tall (over 6'2"). A cool DJ.
5) Character 4: Thai Male Age 30's medium build, official. Could be Khmer with Thai look.
6) Character 5: Korean Look Female, Early 20's, very pretty, slim build. Can be Khmer girl with 'KPOP look' and moderate english language skills.
7) Character 6: Caucasian Male, Age: 30's. Street Smart, Calm, Collected and a bit Edgy and Tough. British Accent.

Send submissions of interest with a selfie photo to: [email protected] and please provide your phone number so we can follow up.

Thanks for your interest.
Film Fixers Cambodia.
User avatar
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Reputation: 231
Vietnam

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by Cruisemonkey » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:06 am

I will never believe anything I see on National Geographic again.
You could be next.
Film Fixers Cambodia
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:21 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Phnom Penh

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by Film Fixers Cambodia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 am

In the real world, not every event is captured live on camera, which is why animations and re-enactments can be useful tools in factual story telling. Nat Geo is always transparent about sequences which use re-enactments. I would appreciate if people with genuine interest in doing some work on a film shoot would post here and trolls would find somewhere else to focus their attention.
User avatar
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm
Reputation: 50
Kiribati

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by Phnom Poon » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:37 am

Film Fixers Cambodia wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 am
In the real world, not every event is captured live on camera, which is why animations and re-enactments can be useful tools in factual story telling. Nat Geo is always transparent about sequences which use re-enactments. I would appreciate if people with genuine interest in doing some work on a film shoot would post here and trolls would find somewhere else to focus their attention.
That's not really how forums work
What is the re-enactment?
People might want to know if they are be portrayed as members of a drug-running ring etc

.

Monstra mihi bona!
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 8909
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1555
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by phuketrichard » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:51 am

contact Miriam
PM sent
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
Reputation: 119
United States of America

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by angkorjohn2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:00 am

Judging by the casting calls motley crew of characters I'm assuming this is for locked up abroad
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 1940
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 701
Cambodia

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by clutchcargo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:47 am

Film Fixers Cambodia wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 am
In the real world, not every event is captured live on camera, which is why animations and re-enactments can be useful tools in factual story telling. Nat Geo is always transparent about sequences which use re-enactments. I would appreciate if people with genuine interest in doing some work on a film shoot would post here and trolls would find somewhere else to focus their attention.
Members: please cut the new member some slack and treat the topic with appropriate respect.
User avatar
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 11:26 am
Reputation: 839
Location: Over There
Australia

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 am

National Geographic, Discovery and History channels became over dramatized, graphics laden, exaggerated pieces of documentary tripe causing me to lose all respect for a brand I'd trusted since I was a little boy pawing over my father's subscriptions with wonder and amazement as I learned about the world. I can't bear to watch any of their Hollywood, scripted crap.
The idea that seeing the world is going from place to place to look at obvious things is an illusion natural to dull minds.
User avatar
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Reputation: 231
Vietnam

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by Cruisemonkey » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:32 am

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 am
National Geographic, Discovery and History channels became over dramatized, graphics laden, exaggerated pieces of documentary tripe causing me to lose all respect for a brand I'd trusted since I was a little boy pawing over my father's subscriptions with wonder and amazement as I learned about the world. I can't bear to watch any of their Hollywood, scripted crap.
Exactly as I feel. And the endlessly repetitive 'commercials' for their own shows that are broadcast at a higher dB level than the program.
You could be next.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 215
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: Film Extra Jobs Available Phnom Penh August 4-9

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:34 am

clutchcargo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:47 am
Film Fixers Cambodia wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 am
In the real world, not every event is captured live on camera, which is why animations and re-enactments can be useful tools in factual story telling. Nat Geo is always transparent about sequences which use re-enactments. I would appreciate if people with genuine interest in doing some work on a film shoot would post here and trolls would find somewhere else to focus their attention.
Members: please cut the new member some slack and treat the topic with appropriate respect.
With sincere due respect Clutch and OP, where exactly do you see disrespect?
It looks to me like a bunch of members having a bit of fun.
Maybe until the OP came back with their second ever post and accuses members of trolling and suggesting they go elsewhere.
Yes, i commented that is being "fragile". In the context it is - and i will double up and say also "a bit disrespectful" on their part.

I am all for respect being given to newbies and have i posted about it before. But film fixers, of all people, should be able to take bit of banter like this without screaming "Troll!".
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests