I’ll Pay $500 Commission for Website Re/Design Referrals

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
ste86
Tourist

I’ll Pay $500 Commission for Website Re/Design Referrals

Post by ste86 »

Hi Everyone,

I’m a website designer/developer and I’m here in Phnom Penh until the end of January (or possibly until the end of February).

My Fee is $1500, $500 of which will be paid to you in commission if you’re able to bring me a new client. Commission is paid in full once the job is finished and I’ve received full payment. Once finished I’ll pay you in cash either the same day or the next day – either way within 24 hours. If you’re not in Phnom Penh I’ll send the money over via Western Union, however the fee will be taken out of the $500 (something like $20 I think).

My take home is $1000 per project. If you’re able to bring me a client that simply won’t budge on $1200 for example, your commission will then be $200.

All websites are built with a ‘marketing first’ approach. Aesthetics are only a small part of quality design. Real design work is about conversion, and every project is built specifically to convert visitors into either leads or customers above all else (more info on my website - link below).

Websites are also fully mobile responsive and automatically adapt to all screen sizes, and my fee will typically cover all functionality that most businesses will want/need. At the time of writing I’ve never had to charge more than $1500.

I build using the WordPress content management system so that all my clients can easily make changes or add extra pages and images, and they all come with a built in video training series that will baby-step them through everything they need to know about using their new website.

If you know someone who needs a website and they’re not in the country, that’s no problem. Almost all of the work I take on comes from outside of whatever country I happen to be in. In that case I’ll work with clients via email and phone/skype.

Obviously you’ll want to ensure that you’re recommending a quality designer, so for those of you who are interested please make sure you check out my website and portfolio at http://www.flowwebstudio.com before you recommend me.

Building time is anywhere from 3-7 days depending on how things flow, what’s involved, and how much research I need to do. Any longer than this is almost certainly a hold up on the clients end.

Any questions feel free to post them below or shoot me a pm.
Have a great day!
Steve Bell
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: I’ll Pay $500 Commission for Website Re/Design Referrals

Post by General Mackevili »

ste86 wrote:
My take home is $1000 per project. If you’re able to bring me a client that simply won’t budge on $1200 for example, your commission will then be $200.
Hello, and welcome!

Seems like it would be more fair if you split the loss.

So, if we find a client for you that is only willing to pay $1,000 that would mean you get paid in full and we would get nothing?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Isn't modern international school the one that was stolen off that expat?

Why would you do business with them?
ste86
Tourist

Post by ste86 »

Thanks, nice to be here.

In that instance it would be better for you to pm so we could have a quick chat who the website is for and what they'll probably need. Depending on what's involved we may be able to come an arrangement, but it's more than likely I just won't take on the project unless I have absolutely no other work going on and the project itself is a very easy build.

@Digg3r: Not heard that before. I have been to the school several times and I know a couple of the teachers over there though. They have good facilities, pay their teachers decent salaries (not hourly wages - actual salaries), and seem to be a really good school as far as Cambodia goes.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Sorry, just confirming - you charge $1000 plus finders fee for a WordPress site? Kudos.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

I'm really surprised modern international school paid the bill.
ste86
Tourist

Post by ste86 »

Well, really what people pay me for is ROI. WordPress just happens to be by far the best (and also the most popular) content management system, and it's very flexible for development. For a small to medium sized business there's no better platform to build on.

As for price, I guarantee you getting the same standard of work elsewhere (meaning the same results, not just similar aesthetic design) would cost significantly more.

Still, I understand where your coming from. WordPress still has a little bit of a weird stigma attached to it's old school blogging days. Now however, it's the most widely supported CMS on the planet, and just clarify, I don't just pick a random free theme and then add in a companies logo.

These are 100% custom builds which each include at least $100 worth of licensed software/images, and I may need to spend anywhere from 10-20 hours to research their industry in order to better understand their competition and clientele. Then I need to go over whatever they consider to be their marketing - which usually needs significant improvements and isn't actually marketing in the first place. After that I need to build a completely custom theme plus integrate whatever functionality they need, all while keeping conversion the number one priority. This can add up to 50+ hours work, and that doesn't include the launch.

@Digg3r: Yeah I had no issues with them whatsoever. They paid 50% upfront before I even produced the initial concept.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

ste86 wrote:WordPress just happens to be by far the best (and also the most popular) content management system, and it's very flexible for development. For a small to medium sized business there's no better platform to build on.

Still, I understand where your coming from. WordPress still has a little bit of a weird stigma attached to it's old school blogging days. Now however, it's the most widely supported CMS on the planet, and just clarify, I don't just pick a random free theme and then add in a companies logo.
Agreed - WordPress has become the defacto standard. My respect was genuine, I didn't know that sort of dollar was still being made in Dubbyas. I thought the Asian developer market had killed the Golden Era already.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
ste86
Tourist

Post by ste86 »

Yeah it definitely has for the lower end market and the competition now is ridiculous, but it all depends on what a prospect perceives a website to actually be.

The term 'website' covers such a broad spectrum of different possible functions but most people still lump everything under the same thing - a website is a website. My challenge (and also main selling point) is convincing potential customers to look at the bigger picture: return on investment and taking steps to become much more competitive. Most business owners just don't take their website or their marketing seriously.

Mobile Responsive design has opened things up a bit more recently too. It's more a redesign phase now, and most of my clients are actually updating their existing website, rather than building their first one.
indigo_design
Expatriate

Post by indigo_design »

As for price, I guarantee you getting the same standard of work elsewhere (meaning the same results, not just similar aesthetic design) would cost significantly more.
I'm sorry I couldn't let that pass....

What sort of guarantee?

I will happily put a $400 website design up against your $1000+ ones

Do you have a direct influence over Google?

Good luck to you in the Cambodian market, I am not against you looking for an income here but you need to lower your claims unless you really know the market.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic