Japanese Expats Takayuki and Kyoko Nakano Sell The Commune Cafe Near the Russian Market $25,000

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Japanese Expats Takayuki and Kyoko Nakano Sell The Commune Cafe Near the Russian Market $25,000

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

"Since last July 2015, we started to set up our business as ***Co., Ltd. and we have opened this Cafe & Bar last October which is targeting mainly Western and Japanese people who live in Toul Tompoung area, where those people can enjoy our hand drip (pour over) coffee and casual fine dining such as Hamburger set with reasonable price in our relaxed open air seating with free wi-fi.

Now we are getting to have more customers day by day and our staff is well trained and growing up into people capable of handling the operation by themselves.

Also our friend is opening an entrepreneurial venture office in the next door in this February. So we can prospect to increase the number of customers in near future.

However we are afraid that we have to go back to our country as soon as possible due to having some troubles in our family. 
But we think it is a waste to close this cafe & bar down in this situation. Therefore we would like to transfer this business to someone who wish to take over this facilities and staff with a period of transition from our system to your new system.

Thank you for your kind consideration. 
Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us at anytime.
"

An interesting write-up about The Commune last year in the Phnom Penh Post:

"Recently arrived Japanese expats Takayuki Nakano, who has a background as a photographer, and his wife, Kyoko Nakano, a beauty therapist, this week opened a new cafe-bar called The Commune set in a large, airy villa in the Tuol Tom Poung area. They serve mainly traditional Western cafe fare with a couple of Japanese specialities and a focus on coffee..."

http://phnompenhpost.com/post-weekend/i ... poung-cafe

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Rama
Expatriate

Re: Japanese Expats Takayuki and Kyoko Nakano Sell The Commune Cafe Near the Russian Market $25,000

Post by Rama »

Where exactly is this café?
I remember reading the Phnom Penh Post article and thought I'd like to drop in, and once I looked at a map in preparation of a visit.
But for some reason, in the end, I didn't bother to track it down.

However I go to this part of town most days and have never seen it.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Japanese Expats Takayuki and Kyoko Nakano Sell The Commune Cafe Near the Russian Market $25,000

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'm 90% sure they had exactly the same "for sale" a few months ago.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Rama wrote:Where exactly is this café?
I remember reading the Phnom Penh Post article and thought I'd like to drop in, and once I looked at a map in preparation of a visit.
But for some reason, in the end, I didn't bother to track it down.

However I go to this part of town most days and have never seen it.

The Commune is located at #10 Street 472. If that helps.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I'm 90% sure they had exactly the same "for sale" a few months ago.
Yes they have been advertising for a few months, but have dropped their asking price by about 20k.

The villa has the potential to be turned into a gh, and the downstairs would make a fantastic Kiwi/Aussie style beer garden. Terrible location unfortunately. I don't believe the actual business is worth any where near 25k though.
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

It must be a really terrible location, I've never seen it and I drive aimlessly around whilst my wife is in the market, cut through back streets to get to the other side of town, go to SuperDuper, Phnom Penh Sports club, cycle around on weekends aimlessly when I'm bored.
Never seen it.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

to bad, it looks very nicely fitted out;
guess "if you build it, they will come" does not apply in this case
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ It sure is a terrible location Rama, and not very well sign posted, if you weren't actively looking for it you would walk straight past it without realising that there was even a restaurant there. I've been twice, and the only other customers were all Japanese, which appear to be their main customer base.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote:to bad, it looks very nicely fitted out;
guess "if you build it, they will come" does not apply in this case
It's a fairly new villa, all the business owners appear to have done is add a bar and put some uncomfortable wooden chairs and tables out, not sure about the kitchen though.
Kento1945
Tourist

Post by Kento1945 »

I am interested in buying the Cafe, can you send me more Information? Ivan Vokhmianine
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic