Business Partner Wanted

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
aj21
Tourist

Business Partner Wanted

Post by aj21 »

Hi All,

My name is AJ, I have been living in SE Asia for a few years now and in Phnom Penh for about 10 months. I love it here!!!

I am now looking to get involved in some business ventures; basically I want to be involved in something that I am passionate about, something I enjoy doing every day and something that is profitable enough to sustain an enjoyable and happy lifestyle in Phnom Penh.

In other words I am here looking to 'live the dream'!!

I am open to other suggestions but my current plans are as follows:

1. The purchase and long term lease of an already successful/ profitable Phnom Penh guesthouse, bar & restaurant in a great location (subject to due dilligence of course).
2. The development of a motorbike/ motorscooter rental company. IMO this sector is failing miserably and I have a few good ideas that would allow us to gain market share very quickly.

I have the capital and the motivation to get this going on my own but would much prefer to partner with a like-minded individual in a similar position to myself.

This is what I am looking for in a Partner:

- Must have cash money to invest, ideally on a 50/50ish basis - I have about 30-50K at my disposal. No time wasters thanks.
- Must be motivated, really motivated, and bloody willing to do whatever it takes to live the dream.
- Ideally someone with a background or experience in the hospitality or tourism secors. But absolutely must be an outgoing people person.

If you match the above criteria and would be keen to discuss this further then please feel free to get in touch with me via pm or by responding to this post.

Regards,

AJ.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Business Partner Wanted

Post by pczz »

Double your budget for anywhere in a good lication and add 100% for company formation and tea m9bey for anything to do with tourism. Cambidian rents are insane
aj21
Tourist

Post by aj21 »

pczz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:25 am Double your budget for anywhere in a good lication and add 100% for company formation and tea m9bey for anything to do with tourism. Cambidian rents are insane
555 yeah ok. Are you interested in partnering, if so I would be ghappy to discuss specifics with you via pm. Thanks.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

aj21 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:29 am
pczz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:25 am Double your budget for anywhere in a good lication and add 100% for company formation and tea m9bey for anything to do with tourism. Cambidian rents are insane
555 yeah ok. Are you interested in partnering, if so I would be ghappy to discuss specifics with you via pm. Thanks.
https://www.businessesforsale.com/searc ... n-cambodia
You said 30k to 50k each. That is only 100k. Successful bars go for 60k up. Guest houses and small hotels are more. And refurbing even 20 rooms is going to cost between $1000 and $2000 a room. Leases are generally no more than 3 years snd rents rise up to 25% a year. Last decent sized guesthouse i saw that was profitable in a good area was 7k a month rent. Realistically you need to scale down or up the investment. Not a criticism.
aj21
Tourist

Post by aj21 »

pczz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:56 am
aj21 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:29 am
https://www.businessesforsale.com/searc ... n-cambodia
You said 30k to 50k each. That is only 100k. Successful bars go for 60k up. Guest houses and small hotels are more. And refurbing even 20 rooms is going to cost between $1000 and $2000 a room. Leases are generally no more than 3 years snd rents rise up to 25% a year. Last decent sized guesthouse i saw that was profitable in a good area was 7k a month rent. Realistically you need to scale down or up the investment. Not a criticism.
I haven't received a pm from you so I'm going to assume that you are more keyboard warrior than serious business partner. Keyboard warrior is a very easy job, you can write whatever you want. Starting a business on the other hand is hard and time consuming. Consequently, I just don't have time to continue this discussion with you. Have a good day.

For those who might be interested in a private discussion please ignore pczz. He has no knowledge of any of the opportunities I'm currently pursuing, not to mention too much time on his hands! This is a genuine opportunity for someone to make a go of it in Phnom Penh and live the dream. I accept that it might not be for everyone, I even accept that I might not find a suitable partner. That's OK, but I am willing to have productive conversations with anyone who has an interest in what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks all.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

You posted on a forum....a discussion forum...and a poster gave you constructive feedback. Your response suggests, strongly, that you are in fact advertising for responses via PM... applications of interest, and will not engage in any other type of discussion. Are you paying for your advertisement?

Keyboard warrior is hardly what just happened.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
aj21
Tourist

Post by aj21 »

violet wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:00 am You posted on a forum....a discussion forum...and a poster gave you constructive feedback. Your response suggests, strongly, that you are in fact advertising for responses via PM... applications of interest, and will not engage in any other type of discussion. Are you paying for your advertisement?

Keyboard warrior is hardly what just happened.
Yes, you are quite correct, I have posted on a discussion forum and the title of the thread is "business partner wanted". I would be genuinely keen to discuss my plans with anyone who has a genuine interest in what I am doing. It doesn't need to be said that not all aspects of a business proposal can be discussed on an open forum and I think it appropriate that detailed conversation be carried out in person, via PM or in some other closed settling.

To answer your question: yes! I am very keen to engage in discussion with those who are actually interested in what Im doing and who are capable of constructive feedback. That is one of the reasons for this post. But I'm sorry: conjecture is rarely constructive and neither is pczz's pontifications on the costs and lease conditions of a business that only exists as a figment of his imagination. I am certain that any party with any real interest wouldn't engage in this type of redundant mental gymnastics and would rather just ask outright about the actual costs and lease conditions of the real life proposed business venture.

Maybe keyboard warrior is "hardly what just happened" but we can probably agree that pczz is "more keyboard warrior than potential partner" (which is what I actually said). If anything he has clearly shown a distinct disinterest in my business and his posts only serve to 'poo poo' it. Im OK, I expected that type of response from some, but there is clearly no value to be gained from engaging in that type of conversation.

I hope that clarifies things for you. Thank you.
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

it you do this Image you can dream real good. hope this helps
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

Most bar/hotel owners struggle under a load of market saturation and regret their investment choices.

In the 7 months that I have lived here, I have met many business owners, 'living the dream'....just by sitting down in a bar and chatting with people. I'm going to suggest you do the same.
This way, we forum readers don't have to wade through the futility of your posts and responses to posts.

There are opportunities out there, and I could tell you where that opportunity is, but I'm not going to violate anyone's privacy to do so.

Personally, and don't take this personally, you don't sound like you would be an enjoyable business partner, and that would only lead to problems.

Best of luck. :hattip:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I agree with violet.

You got a reasonable response and you went negative on the guy.

Do you have any idea of the kind of hassles you will face going into this? And you respond to a perfectly legitimate, polite statement like that?

You don't have the temperament to run a guesthouse or a bike rental. In any case, both sectors are saturated, and it sounds like your angry reaction and name-calling may be because you don't have the money yourself (the 50%) that is required for this ' dream'. In my opinion, you're 10-15 years too late for the guesthouse, and maybe 5-10 for the bike rental.

Quote: 'I have the capital and the motivation to get this going on my own but would much prefer to partner with a like-minded individual in a similar position to myself.'

Yeah, right.

Even if there had been a keyboard warrior, what kind of message are you sending to potential partners?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic