Need to find a new place

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Need to find a new place

Post by Rain Dog »

More or less happy where I am, but last week they cleared the empty lot outside my bedroom window and the signs of new building construction are in place already. My lease expires Mid/Late July.

What I need:

Budget: US$300+Util max (happy to find lower)

Location: Flexible (no office job to go to), Prefer to have some Barang friendly restaurants or coffee shops within walking distance.

Space: One Bedroom flat or VERY large studio is fine

Furnishings: I can provide my own TV, TV stand, computer table, kitchen ware etc, but minimally require large comfortable sofa, large comfortable bed, Large Refrigerator, stove, water heater, other basics like wardrobe, curtains etc. Laundry machine a +

Other: Not a druggy or a whore-monger but require privacy, quiet, and no restrictions as to how I live. Security is very important as I have a lot of photography gear. Am home a lot so needs to be "comfortable" (not living in a closet, open & spacious)

Term: Can consider three months or six months.

Thanks

RD
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Need to find a new place

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

You may have already seen it but there was a one bedroom apartment advertised on here a day or so ago
Using Tapatalk
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Also a number of places coming up around Toul Tom Poung now the migration season is over, at or below your budget. We picked up a 2br a/c third floor apartment for $300, and have seen cheaper. Have also been quoted 1k in the same area, mind you.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

StroppyChops wrote:Also a number of places coming up around Toul Tom Poung now the migration season is over, at or below your budget. We picked up a 2br a/c third floor apartment for $300, and have seen cheaper. Have also been quoted 1k in the same area, mind you.
Thanks Mr & Mrs Stroppy ---- yea if you came across anything in your search that matches what I was looking for, let me know.

Cheers,

RD
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Rain Dog wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Also a number of places coming up around Toul Tom Poung now the migration season is over, at or below your budget. We picked up a 2br a/c third floor apartment for $300, and have seen cheaper. Have also been quoted 1k in the same area, mind you.
Thanks Mr & Mrs Stroppy ---- yea if you came across anything in your search that matches what I was looking for, let me know.

Cheers,

RD
We're talking to our landlord tomorrow, I'll ask him if he has anything else available.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Ugggh. Thought I had to move as a construction site was opened first week of June outside my bedroom window. Turns out the site was just for a storage facility and completed (already) within a few weeks. Great! I do not need to move.

Now the pipes have burst inside the walls and landlord needs to do a huge renovation. So cannot renew.

So now I need to find a place for sure within the next week or so.

If anyone knows of any good value place meeting the specs in post 1 of this thread it would be great.
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

In BKK1 behind Pablo ' s restaurant street 370 Image is a 2 bedroom place for $200 or $250 (I viewed it 2 weeks ago so have forgotten exact price) they also have a 2 bed with balcony $400 or $450.
Also same road next to Monkey Buisness (kids play house) is a 1 bed for $350
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Our landlord tried to rent a place to Jaap when he dropped by the other day so he's obviously got some availability. I can PM you his number if you like. There's some apartment construction in the street but they are relatively quiet, structural work is complete.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

StroppyChops wrote:Our landlord tried to rent a place to Jaap when he dropped by the other day so he's obviously got some availability. I can PM you his number if you like. There's some apartment construction in the street but they are relatively quiet, structural work is complete.
Thank. I might be interested, if the location works. Might look at the 370 st place too.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

Rama wrote:In BKK1 behind Pablo ' s restaurant street 370 Image is a 2 bedroom place for $200 or $250 (I viewed it 2 weeks ago so have forgotten exact price) they also have a 2 bed with balcony $400 or $450.
Also same road next to Monkey Buisness (kids play house) is a 1 bed for $350
Thanks. Maybe worth a look. Any particular reason you did not take it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic