Land for Sale - kampot Int'l Village @ $12 m2

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Land for Sale - kampot Int'l Village @ $12 m2

Post by Josh_76 »

A large plot of land for sale by private owner in Kampot, International village, ca. 3 km from town.

The total area is 7966 m2 and this has been measured to be divided into 6 plots but it can be divided as desired.

<iframe width="550" height="400" frameborder="0" src="//widgets.scribblemaps.com/sm/?d=true&z=true&l=true&mc=true&lat=10.592778433058673&lng=104.14975803115544&vz=18&type=hybrid&width=550&height=400&id=Kampot3" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.scribblemaps.com/api/maps/im ... ampot3.png

[red lines shown are not to scale but an approximation.]

Starting from the East (left) on the map, next to the N-S road, the land is 73 m long. Moving along to the West (right) this gradually reduces until 58 m are reached at the opposite narrower end. The five theoretical diving lines at 20 m intervals inside are between 69.5 m and 59 m long - with the exception of the first one, which 22 m (14.7 at opposite end).

The land has been registered for hard title. There is electricity. Many foreigners have already bought in the area and started to develop the land. Location is not far from the Western run supermarket and Bohemiaz resort. There is lots of assistance available for your building project. Price is $12 per m2 or $10 per m2 for everything. Installment plan accepted.

These images - taken in dry season and just after bulldozing show a walk starting from the road that forms the Eastern border and turning left and walking up towards the Western border:

Local contact (and later support for building, if desired) kindly provided by my friends at Blue Star Real Estate, Kampot's most trusted real estate business.
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Land for Sale - kampot Int'l Village @ $12 m2

Post by Josh_76 »

Location of the land is: 10°35'32.7"N 104°08'56.2"E

Two plots for a total of 2659m2 now reserved and in final negotiations.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Josh_76 wrote:Blue Star Real Estate, Kampot's most trusted real estate business.
There's more than one?

(I jest, I jest)
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

OP, which Plot is this?
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

The images show a walk around the complete 8,000 m2

First S to N and then turning left to the West, walking on the two intersecting dirt roads (the 4th image is the first after the turn). Looking at the scribblemaps outline and then dialing it up on Google via the coordinates, makes it clear. ... unless you asked which plots have been reserved and I misunderstood you.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Sorry, I wasn't very clear,all the development plots in the Bokor Mountain View Development area are Alphabetised (is that even a word?), ie. Plan A, B, C....so my question is, which development plan are your plots for sale part of?

I think (hope) that makes sense???
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

Thank you for the clarification, PSD-Kiwi. It's E.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Thanks Josh, very nice location for someone looking to build a home, I have seen the land prices rise significantly since I first viewed some plots there in 2012, and they are only going to continue to rise as the area gets more developed, good time to buy if you haven't already.

Josh...I notice the house you advertised for rent on this website, is advertised for sale on the Blue Star website. Is it still for sale? I don't think the guys at Blue Star update their website regularly which is why I ask.
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

PSD-Kiwi, I agree with you that for those who feel Cambodia is the place, the time to buy is now (and I would say the same even if hadn't made this post). You do protect yourself from certain unfavorable developments and you can do this at a "long-term rental" price. The cost to build is reasonable. Politically, although some people tend to associate Cambodia with doom & gloom, I don't foresee the "income unit: Barang" being shown the door (I mean, let's get serious).

In regards to the house - which is currently rented and an absolute charmer of a house on a sweet 700+ m2 plot - we are open minded, let's put it this way. I know the tenants and their dog are really enjoying it compared to living in PP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic