House & Land for Sale: Near Siem Reap Town (Kandal Province)

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
SPM
Tourist
Cambodia

House & Land for Sale: Near Siem Reap Town (Kandal Province)

Post by SPM »

Good afternoon all,

My wife and I are reluctantly putting our plot of land with a Khmer style wooden stilt house on the market in order to help fund the future construction of our home in Kampot.

House and land details;

Land Size: 832 m/sq
House Size: 58.5 m/sq
Rooms: 1x main living/bed room + 1x small bed/store room + small balcony
Bathroom: Separate Khmer style bathroom with squat toilet and concrete trough
Electricity: Connected to main power supply - house and bathroom are connected
Water: Bore hole - not plumbed
Garden: Coconut trees and a few other native fruit trees
Flooding: The property has not experienced flooding in the time we have owned it, according to neighbours the area has never flooded.
Title: We purchased the property on a Soft-title, but are in possession of the original Hard-title. We have the contact details of the original owners, so if the new owners wish to transfer the hard-title into their name it will not be a problem.

The house is in a nice quiet village called Cheung Prey, between Siem Reap Town and Tonle Bati Lake, Kandal Province. Travel time (depending on mode of transport) from Phnom Penh is approximately 40 minutes, and from Takhmau is approximately 25 minutes on NR2. Heading south it is approximately 15 minutes to Tonle Bati, and 20 minutes to get to Phnom Tamao.

We usually spend short breaks there to get away from the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh, and it would suit someone with a small family looking to do the same. Alternatively if you are looking to live semi-rurally but not to far from the big smoke...or someone looking to buy their in-laws a home and get them out of your hair ;)

There are (very quiet) neighbours to the left and right and across the road at the front of the house. To the rear of the property is a large irrigation canal with another road on the other side of the canal, the canal was recently constructed by an NGO to irrigate farm land in the area, and can be utilised by residents.

There are a couple of Wats in the area, but not close enough that you get bombarded by chanting over loudspeakers.

There are local markets, restaurants, an ATM and supply stores near by up on the main road. The roads leading to the property, once turning off NR2, are dirt and gravel and fairly well maintained.

The property does require a little TLC and some maintenance, but it is comfortable enough for weekend get aways. Alternatively, extra rooms could be constructed underneath the wooden house to add space if you wanted to live there or flip it.

Asking price is $15,000 (negotiable)

If you would like to know more, or to view the property, then please feel free to send me a private message. Thank you to all who have taken the time to read my post...I have tried to provide as much information as possible. Stand by for pictures
SPM
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: House & Land for Sale: Near Siem Reap Town (Kandal Province)

Post by SPM »

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Nice post, i hope the sale goes well for you :) good luck
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
SPM
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by SPM »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:Nice post, i hope the sale goes well for you :) good luck
Thank you Jamie...really didn't want to sell it, but with our second baby not long arrived we have decided we would rather live full time in a semi rural environment with a decent yard for the kids to play in, close to a decent sized town, as opposed to living in the chaos of Phnom Penh and only escaping to the countryside on the weekends.
SPM
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by SPM »

If anyone is interested in this property, but is not a registered forum user, please feel free to contact Pisey on 012418676 or 0966398058 (Khmer and English).

Thank you.
SPM
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by SPM »

Price Reduced for quick sale!

New asking price only $13,000
serverdown
Tourist
Australia

Post by serverdown »

Hi,
$13,000 is high amount I think should be less .. :(
Thanks
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

serverdown wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:08 pm Hi,
$13,000 is high amount I think should be less .. :(
Thanks
The owners sold this property for above the original asking price to a Khmer family.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

SPM wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:14 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:Nice post, i hope the sale goes well for you :) good luck
Thank you Jamie...really didn't want to sell it, but with our second baby not long arrived we have decided we would rather live full time in a semi rural environment with a decent yard for the kids to play in, close to a decent sized town, as opposed to living in the chaos of Phnom Penh and only escaping to the countryside on the weekends.
I wanted to do the same in regarding the semi rural environment. Can you tell me where did you relocate?
SPM
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by SPM »

Apologies to those who sent me private messages for not replying, we managed to sell the house and I haven't logged back in since.

To serverdown, thank you for your opinion, obviously the buyers thought that our original asking price of $15,000 was too low, because the offer they made was well above that, and we gladly accepted :)

To kocdim, we ended up buying a home in Ta Khmau purely to be closer to decent schools for the children. We are still going to build in Kampot eventually.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic