Complete restoration, 1982 Honda C90, $1,350

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Complete restoration, 1982 Honda C90, $1,350

Post by AE86 »

1982 Honda C90 (Super Cub), frame up restoration, $1,350

Short version: Bike was originally purchased as a newly imported and 100% functional bike to ensure a solid reliable example to build on. Bike was then completely disassembled, and restored from top to bottom to be a genuinely “like new” classic.

Country of origin: England (speedometer converted to kph for Cambodia)
6,800 original miles when restored.
*VIN verified, original mileage accurate*

85cc, OHC, 2 valve engine
3 speed semi automatic transmission
80 kph top speed
Weight: 75 kg.
Fuel consumption: Approx. 45 km/l (personal Super Cub 90 average is 61 km/l)

All taxes paid (except the 1$ road tax sticker).

Asking $1,350 or nearest offer.

Long version:

Motor:

**Engine custom built for lower internal stress for higher reliability**

Updated from the original 6 volt electrics to 12 volt version.

New cylinder with 7.8:1 compression ratio piston (lowered from 9:1) to accept low quality fuels. If you want more power, I can install the original 9:1 compression ratio cylinder.

Updated crankshaft, connecting rod, flyweights and bearings

Rebuilt clutch pack (OEM components used from Japan)

Rebuilt transmission with new drive bearings.

Rebuilt original Keihin carburetor (new slide, jets, needle and springs).

High strength multi layered steel (MLS) head gasket for improved sealing and cylinder head cooling vs. the OEM Honda graphite gasket.

Frame:

Body was stripped down to bare metal then etch primed, primed, base coat and clear coated with automotive urethane paints (for durability).

Areas that are not normally painted such as the bottom of the fuel tank, underside of the handlebars, inside of the frame tube, etc. were also primed, painted and clear coated to provide comprehensive rust protection inside and out. Overkill? Most definitely.

Electrics:

1982 Super Cubs and back all used 6 volt electrics. These have inconveniences like being unable to start when the battery dies, having weak headlights, needing contact point adjustments every 6 months, needing water added to the battery every time you get fuel, and having virtually no parts availability locally. These points might be a drawback for the future owner, so I took the liberty of throwing all of it away and replacing the entire system with a new modern 12 volt version which is not only more reliable, but maintenance free.

Maintenance free battery, adjustment free and independent ignition system, and for safety, a much brighter headlight than the original. :)

All electrical components used on this bike are serviceable with new genuine Honda parts which are designed for a Honda Wave 100 (which is where the new parts came from).

Misc:

Brand new Yokohama speedline tyres
All new signal lamps, head lamps, tail lamps and instrument panel lamps.
Extra inline fuel filter added for a total of 2 filters.

Extras:
Comes with an “on the road pack” of spare parts which includes an extra:

CDI unit
Ignition coil
Voltage Regulator
Denso spark plug (from Japan, not Thailand NGK)
Carburetor (Korean made Honda).

Why selling?

I built this thing because I wanted to restore a classic bike or two with some recent free time (another one already in the works), and I thought it would be neat to take a classic restored bike on a long Cambodia/Vietnam journey over Chinese New Year. I have since decided to use a different bike though (1969’ Super Cub) because I don’t want to get this garage queen dirty.

Any questions feel free to ask, even if you don’t want to buy it. :)

AE86 (Akira S.)

[email protected] or PM is fine.
-insert signature here
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Complete restoration, 1982 Honda C90, $1,350

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

nice bike! :)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic