Bicycle needed!

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Bicycle needed!

Post by HappyChappy »

I need to get around cheaply and I'm on a budget, does anyone know where I can get a cheap second hand bike??
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Bicycle needed!

Post by samrong01 »

You dont say where you are. In Phnom Penh a bicycle is pretty dangerous. If you are in Siem Reap you can get a good quality second hand bike from a shop opposite Psar Leu on Highway 6 for around $45.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

samrong01 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:57 pm In Phnom Penh a bicycle is pretty dangerous.
I don't see how, I've cycled in Phnom Penh for more than a decade and never had a problem other than hitting submerged potholes/ drains a couple of times. Traffic never moves that fast.
Anyway, St 107 near O'Russei, Heng Ly Market on 271 or the bike warehouse on 1986 are all worth trying.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:02 pm
samrong01 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:57 pm In Phnom Penh a bicycle is pretty dangerous.
I don't see how, I've cycled in Phnom Penh for more than a decade and never had a problem other than hitting submerged potholes.
Anyway, St 107 near O'Russei, Heng Ly Market on 271 or the bike warehouse on 1986 are all worth trying.
Are there bicycles at Heng Ly? I thought was all Moto parts.
Not saying you are wrong but I go past heng ly nearly every day and never noticed bikes!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Try the bike thread here: sports-talk/bike-t33597.html
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:02 pm
I don't see how, I've cycled in Phnom Penh for more than a decade and never had a problem other than hitting submerged potholes/ drains a couple of times. Traffic never moves that fast.
Okay thanks for the heads up but I can't find anything online, for obvious reasons I'm hesitant to travel too far without speaking to anyone first. Do you have any links?

Tbf ref the danger I am in PP and am spacialy unaware / balance impared so I am taking a risk.... But my house to my work is fairly straightforward 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤞🤞
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

HappyChappy wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:29 pm
Okay thanks for the heads up but I can't find anything online, for obvious reasons I'm hesitant to travel too far without speaking to anyone first. Do you have any links?

Tbf ref the danger I am in PP and am spacialy unaware / balance impared so I am taking a risk.... But my house to my work is fairly straightforward 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤞🤞
Places like this won't really have much online. Flying Bikes has a nice website but I didn't recommend it as it is for higher end new bikes.

Here's a video of the place on 1986:

https://www.facebook.com/sen.sok.bike.shop/
khmerhamster wrote:Are there bicycles at Heng Ly? I thought was all Moto parts.
It's years since I was there, but one whole row has shops each side for moto parts and then there's a row to the north with shops on one side only that's all bicycles. It's rough enough, thousands of bikes all stacked up in jumbles and piles. Probably not worth going to unless you have good Khmer or bring a local to help. 8-)
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

HappyChappy wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:29 pm I'm hesitant to travel too far without speaking to anyone first. Do you have any links?
Head to Capitol Tours at Orussey, and just look in the nearest two side streets, can't miss them, bikes everywhere. From about $40.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

No joke howard made a video about buying bicycles on street 105.

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

HappyChappy wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:29 pm Tbf ref the danger I am in PP and am spacialy unaware / balance impared so I am taking a risk...
That doesn't sound too promising, you do need both of those things and to keep focused as there are always obstacles popping up. Sometimes I used to imagine that half the cars on my route were just waiting for me to come along so they could pull out and block the whole street while doing a 14 point turn.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic