Internet in the boonies

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
Luigi
Expatriate

Internet in the boonies

Post by Luigi » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:52 am

Will be visiting rural Svay Reing post rain season. The Kampong Rou district. What are my options for internet? Dongle? Any help appreciated.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Internet in the boonies

Post by frank lee bent » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:04 am

Can't you just hotspot your phone?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:17 pm

i was just in the boonies
Above Steung Treng on the Mekong, Svay Rieng, and at gf sister house in Kep, metfone dongle worked great :-)
or hot spot ur phone if u can
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:23 pm

Thanks guys. I totally forgot about hot spotting. Haven't used in 3 yrs. Also have dongle. GTG
:thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic