T shirt shop siem reap

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: T shirt shop siem reap

Post by bolueeleh »

if u get all aussie farmers and fat germans, u bar would make tons of money alr
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

alexfrance22 wrote:If I make bar like this I'm gonna get all Australian farmer and fat german!
Not many Australian farmers or fat Germans on Koh Prins though. I was there and, whilst German, I am not fat....
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

It was a joke
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

Thanks frank! It's in phnom phen but why not! Where do you think it's better to open the shop ? Thanks. How much it will cost for 10sq meter empty in busy area? Thanks
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: RE: Re: T shirt shop siem reap

Post by epidemiks »

alexfrance22 wrote:Thanks frank! It's in phnom phen but why not! Where do you think it's better to open the shop ? Thanks. How much it will cost for 10sq meter empty in busy area? Thanks
10sqm of what? Footpath or shop front? Not sure where you'll find 10sqm space for lease in an area with tourist foot traffic.

Ground floor of shop house around the corner from me in a non-tourist area - busy but local - is about 600USD/month for a 4x20 space. Most have a mezzanine space you can use as a bedroom. These places often prefer/require a long lease - 2/3 years. Standard security deposit is 1 month rent.

Anything near your target market will be much more.

Avoid Phnom Penh imo. There's already too many tuk tuks and vans selling 'unique' t shirts on the street for $2.50.

If you want to make money in clothes here, target middle/upper class Khmer kids or wives of professional expats. There's a couple of high end youth fashion shops selling $80 tshirts, futuristic $130 Korean track suit dungarees and other expensive weird/ridiculous/ugly Kanye West​ style shite servicing the Khmer kids.
For the kept ladies (and the independent ngo boss ladies), there's a plethora of fair trade, social enterprise, sex-traffick-reducing, vegan silk pillow and dress shops. Prices are in line with their husband's mistress's monthly apartment rental, and the dress production costs are less than a Bassac lane cocktail.
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

yes, thats what im looking for. More like area where the people have money. You said korean people sell expensive stuff, what is this street ? where i have to go ? what is the best area ? 600 usd its very expensive. i really need small space. i will present all model and people gonna ask me for the size. then i go in my stock and take t shirt. maybe better to have room and bathroom inside, true, but is it easy ton find ?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

go on the street in front of a business- $100 - 300 /month
and a tuktuk could actually work for selling tee shirts

there was a very groovy VW van made into a cocktail bar around town a couple of years ago

oggy's kombi bar

always drew a crowd
it was pimped out with LED disco light and tunes
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

mmmh the thing is, is not a tourit t shirt, its something different, its more like skate clothing, kind of like carhartt, obey etc.. if i sell in on the street it s gonna looks like shit stuff, i have to make good looking for them. Thats have to be like UNIQUE ans it is. It s my own brand, own name, my japanese friend did the design for me. I can send you picture if you want frank...
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

are there skaters here?
never seen one
i wonder if this is a subtle troll now
a french guy coming to cambodia with japanese designs to sell to rich Khmer skaterz?

LOLOL

Last edited by frank lee bent on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic