The British inalienable right to get pissed before takeoff is under attack.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

The British inalienable right to get pissed before takeoff is under attack.

Post by Anchor Moy »

A curb on airport drinking? It’ll never take off
For many of us it’s a holiday tradition, but the inalienable right of every British person to get completely sloshed before boarding a plane may now be under threat.

Name: Airport booze.

Appearance: Delicious, sparkling and refreshing at any time of the day – even before breakfast.

Wahey! I’m off to sunny Spain! Viva Espana and all that! I can’t wait to get to the airport and hit the ’Spoons!
Hold on a minute. Are you going to drink responsibly?

Well, in the sense of being responsible for paying for four pints with Jägerbomb chasers and downing them all in half an hour, yes.
In that case I must ask you to reconsider, lest you cause a disturbance on your flight and a possible diversion to an interim airport, where you will be removed by local police and possibly imprisoned.

But surely, as a Briton, it is my very birthright to start hitting the beers as soon as I’m through passport control?
Maybe not for much longer. The new aviation minister, Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon, believes that pre-flight drinking has become a significant problem and now wants to “have a look at” the situation...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/short ... t-drinkers
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Re: The British inalienable right to get pissed before takeoff is under attack.

Post by mammothboy2 »

This Lord Ahmed, a Tory, is an Ahmedi heretic and thus not a "real" Muslim in the eyes of true believers; he would not
be permitted to visit Makkah and perform the Hajj.

He is not to confused with the Lord Ahmed (formerly Labour) who blamed a court conviction on a Jewish conspiracy.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

This is old news.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

Gatwick Airport has illustrated posters all over the place telling travellers that if they are conspicuously sloshed hey will be forbidden to board an aircraft.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

mammothboy2 wrote:Gatwick Airport has illustrated posters all over the place telling travellers that if they are conspicuously sloshed hey will be forbidden to board an aircraft.
Do the British get more pissed than other nationalities, or do they just behave worse when they're pissed ? They also excel at behaving badly when drinking in foreign countries. :bad: :boxing: :pottytrain:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic