Guesthouse in island

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Guesthouse in island

Post by alexfrance22 »

Hi, someone is looking for investors in koh rong for guesthouse bar in dormitory.

It look s good , he put in on facebook.

The price in totality is 40 000usd

This is the add: LOOKING FOR INVESTORS FOR MY BUSINESS
(%25 or %50 or %75)

Property Type: Restaurant & Bar & Dormitory

Please send private message for details...

What about invest 25% for me ?

He said that to me : Last year in high season 6 months 36.000 usd income
I have excel sheets daily.

I wait you opinion. Thanks.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Guesthouse in island

Post by Username Taken »

First, koh rong is not the same place as Koh Rong Samloem.

Second, high season starts late November. However, if you start today, you will probably get tourists due to the European summer holidays.

Third, why not go and check it out in person. Could be good. On the other hand, you might not like to work with this guy.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

there are hundreds of businesses for sale down there
partnership
the worst ship afloat
if it was viable, why would they sell shares?
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

Actually, i will take he s place. He gonna live in PP. What s the advantage to invest 25% ? Thanks.
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

Ok thanks frank.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah touching up on what frank said, if people looking for investors they are usually looking for cash injections to boost their business, they are not looking for people to share their profits,
i guess in this case its a fact of sharing the business so he can live in PP whilst someone else does all the monkey work?
you would be investing in 25% of the business in order to run the business while hes living in PP?
to break your 25% down,
you will be investing $10,000 in order to earn roughly $750 per month off your 25% investment, it will take roughly 14months to earn back your investment and start making a profit, thats if, his business is successful and can continue to make the figures he claims, Cambodia is not a place to count your chickens though, take a look at whats going on on Occheteal beach for example

Ps. thats going off his figure, without taking off Taxes/Bills/Maintenance etc. so your $750 could be more like $500pm
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Beware. How many shares might he be selling, it's a common scam in the bar business I believe. Especially in Thailand. If it is on Koh Rong Saleoum you will be dealing with a landlord who has the lease for the whole island and considerable power.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

alexfrance22 wrote: What about invest 25% for me ?

He said that to me : Last year in high season 6 months 36.000 usd income
I have excel sheets daily.

I wait you opinion. Thanks.

Turnover is one thing, profit is another.

There are fixed or regular expenses every month which have to be met even in low season. Profit on food and drinks is not really all that high.

In my business these are roughly $9k per month, or over$100k pa for example.

The village in question is not really that much of a destination compared to Saceren Bay. I spent the day over on Koh Rong Sanloem yesterday and the fast ferry which went there and to Koh Rong was full, but it went no where near that village.

The lease and the level of security and length is vital and more important than the turnover. Plus if you get into business with someone you do not know you have a greater than 50% chance of being left with nothing IMHO.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

frank lee bent wrote:there are hundreds of businesses for sale down there
partnership
the worst ship afloat
if it was viable, why would they sell shares?
Exactly right, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Better to use the $10,000 to start your own business.

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic