Beautiful new development for Sihanoukville.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Beautiful new development for Sihanoukville.

Post by cptrelentless »

I thought Pearl City was bogged down in an inheritance dispute, hence the go slow/stoppage. Still has lights on the Tower and usually a guard in the booth. D'Seaview certainly seems to be underway, there's trucks in and out every day. A good question about the electrics as this is the shitty Sokha supply that cuts out all the time. You might even be able to see the sea from the 5th or 6th floor. Not a lot going at at the Taiwanese tower development by Independence beach, last time I looked.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

cptrelentless wrote:I thought Pearl City was bogged down in an inheritance dispute, hence the go slow/stoppage.
thats what i heard too, but still a ghost town nevertheless, dont see enough suckers to take up all those shops, maybe they shld advertise in CEO, general, UT?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Hideous, like some Dubai architect bred with a Florida copy and paste designer.

Electricity? We'll think about that later.

8 lane freeways...yeah, right.

I can just imagine the amount of refuse this will produce, and imagine the collective (pun) noise at Chinese New Year.

Close to my idea of hell, a Chinese Birry Butrin Camp.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

agreed, fucking chinky chink chank always stank a place real quick
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

I will believe it when I see it, in terms of being a finished project as per the drawings completed within a decade.

I remember the SHV airport runway being extended, starting in about 2002-3; they said it would change things totally with heaps of flights.

Still waiting.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

just landed in shv airport few days ago, they dont even hv a taxiway!! pilot hv to do turn arund on the runway :bow:
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Wash, launder, dry. Oh how the money gets clean. Not too many places in the world that still allow it.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Yeah, they gave that right to the banks on Wall St, in London and Frankfurt, , so it could appear clean.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

phuketrichard wrote:note as well new housing development going in at Kep
Luxury 3 bedroom villas with pools
ONLY $149,000,
Any link to website/facebook where could find more info about this?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Now a US group is also about to invest in a Sihanoukville development. Possibly the same one mentioned in the OP. It is indeed hard to keep track.
Recently there have been a surprising number of announcements of fantastic million and billion dollar resorts, development plans, and high-rise condominiums due to be constructed in and around Sihanoukville in the near future. The construction of new port terminals has also been mentioned by several groups.
Plans for US Resort
A large US-based international hotels and resorts group plans to invest close to $120 million in a multi-resort development project in Preah Sihanouk province.

Christophe Forsinetti, CEO of KC JSM Services Ltd., said the group’s investment will provide direct employment to at least 2,000 Cambodians. Mr. Forsinetti, however, did not name the US group.

“This project is the largest investment ever from the group and if there are no objections from the government, construction would begin this October,” said Mr. Forsinetti, adding that the project will be near the Sihanoukville Autonomous Port.

He said the group also plans to build a port terminal in the area to receive tours arriving by cruise ships.

In June, a China-based consortium said it planned to establish a $3 billion international resort center in the province.

A representative of East Union Silk Road, one of the joint-venture investment companies in the Cambodia Golden Silver Gulf Resort project said the resort would cover 337 hectares of land with $3 billion worth of investments in a large tourism area.
Full article:http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/27906/ ... us-resort/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic