My Khmer Wife is pregnant

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BFG
Expatriate

My Khmer Wife is pregnant

Post by BFG »

Hi all,
My Khmer partner is pregnant I'm from England and 29 we have a small business here in Cambodia, that does ok but I'm not sure we can earn enough money to raise a child here with school fees hospital care everything required here. Has anyone on here taken a partner to settle in there home country.
My information about bring my Khmer wife to settle in the UK is that I would need to earn at least £18,600 per year or have sufficient savings of about £65,0000 lol
Any help please guys.
BFG
Expatriate

Re: My Khmer Wife is pregnant

Post by BFG »

£65,000 :)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

You could probably raise that money from crowd funding, ,,,,,, produce a movie on ,,,,,,
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
BFG
Expatriate

Post by BFG »

It would be hard for me to find employment in the uk earning that amount, the only back up I have is my parents are due to retire in six years and there mortgage is paid off.
There is a possibility to get the funds needed that way it's just to prove to the uk government we have enough to support are selves.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO8wv4 ... 1EX53uwFs-

, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: My Khmer Wife is pregnant

Post by General Mackevili »

BFG wrote: My information about bring my Khmer wife to settle in the UK is that I would need to earn at least £18,600 per year or have sufficient savings of about £65,0000 lol
Welcome to the forum.

As low as the British Pound is right now, surely you're making almost that much.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
BFG
Expatriate

Post by BFG »

Your funny I wanted some serious answers on here we are actually happy.
And she is not a bar girl she had a normal job here in a hostel when we first met.
BFG
Expatriate

Post by BFG »

I have not been working in England for a long time I worked mostly in Australia, I'm a plumber by trade but I have not been doing that for about five years. So it might not be to easy to get that work in the uk again.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

BFG wrote:Your funny I wanted some serious answers on here we are actually happy.
And she is not a bar girl she had a normal job here in a hostel when we first met.

OK, serious answer. We have probably covered this topic before, many times. If , after you spend all this money , that you don't have, will your wife be happy in her new homeland, with no friends, too cold , probably no job, no Khmer food , no family. I think you both will be happier and better off here, even if it is on the poverty line, than in the UK where she will be wanting to return to Cambodia every so often.
BFG
Expatriate

Post by BFG »

One of her friends is now currently living in the uk, has been married to an Englishman for Severn years and they have two childeren. So i don't think all that really matters the child's future comes first right ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic