Bar lounge furniture help

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Bar lounge furniture help

Post by General Mackevili »

alexfrance22 wrote:i know how is cambodia guys, thanks. first i plan to spend 10 000 max for small bar like 30 or 40 sit. I really not looking to get a lot of money, i just want enough to live. What i said is from the moment that you know your menu its ok, true or not ? it will be a night bar with electro house music, open like o 6pm till 3 am everyday. i will do around 6 cocktails and the reste like gin, whysky, cointrau, martini etc... and fiew different beer! Also make fiew different kind of sandwich and salad. its looks simple like that and it is, i will not make big and exepensive bar, just something cool! I know some people who open the bar with small experience and they succes. When i ask about furniture its for know if i didnt forgot anything ! i think to have everything already but just ask thats it.
Your successful friends with bars are in Cambodia or back home?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: Bar lounge furniture help

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
alexfrance22 wrote:i know how is cambodia guys, thanks. first i plan to spend 10 000 max for small bar like 30 or 40 sit. I really not looking to get a lot of money, i just want enough to live. What i said is from the moment that you know your menu its ok, true or not ? it will be a night bar with electro house music, open like o 6pm till 3 am everyday. i will do around 6 cocktails and the reste like gin, whysky, cointrau, martini etc... and fiew different beer! Also make fiew different kind of sandwich and salad. its looks simple like that and it is, i will not make big and exepensive bar, just something cool! I know some people who open the bar with small experience and they succes. When i ask about furniture its for know if i didnt forgot anything ! i think to have everything already but just ask thats it.
Your successful friends with bars are in Cambodia or back home?
:roll: :popcorn:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Bar lounge furniture help

Post by bolueeleh »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:So you've spent a few months working as a bartender, one whole month in Cambodia, and you're asking people on an internet forum what equipment you need to buy for a bar as you are planning to open one soon...good luck with that!
Shhhh, we need suckers expats to keep the landlords happy
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Make sure that someone can pay for your airfare back home within 3 months unless you also have $10k to cover your living expenses, within 6 months if you have just $15k available (after setting up the bar)

To set up a bar can be done for as little as $1k or as much as $100k. But deposit, fees etc will cost quite a bit more.

BTW no one makes their own ice here, you just buy it, it is cheap.

Bon Chance
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

alexfrance22 wrote:hi, im gonna open bar soon in cambodia and i dont want miss anything about all furnitures! someone can make me a list with everything i need for the bar ? like ice machine, fridge and absolutly everything. I need to know all what i need for open my bar and be ready, thanks.

How much are you willing to pay someone to do this for you?

You will probably find a nice Khmer friend who will do it all for you - buy what you need and set it up for you - for a small fee
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

Ok, so question , around how much earn someone who have bar in sihanoukville ?? I know many bar or for sell but this people live correctly no ? if no they will close all of them ? no? Thanks
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

no, when they go broke they just sell it to a sucker.
it is good to try and time the sale for the beginning of high season for maximum price.
hundreds try and fail annually in that one little town
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

alexfrance22 wrote:Ok, so question , around how much earn someone who have bar in sihanoukville ?? I know many bar or for sell but this people live correctly no ? if no they will close all of them ? no? Thanks
Bars in Sihanoukville change hands all the time, even some of the more successful ones, every season sees new bars and new bar owners, old bars with new owners, sihanoukville is opening up a new Pub Street with 100 plots on it behind the beach, im not sure where they are going to get all the customers from,

Sihanoukvilles high season only lasts around 3-4 months tops the rest of the time its very quiet, you need to try and make enough in them 3 months to last you out the rest of the year, thats why posters are saying you need at least plenty of money to last you without even thinking of earning any money, the reason why so many bars fail is because they, like yourself, didnt have enough money to start with and failed to make enough money in the high season to last the low season, and couldnt stay open long enough to form any kind of reputation or loyal expat clientele
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
alexfrance22
Expatriate

Post by alexfrance22 »

so, is it the same for siem raep , kampot or battanbamg ?
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

alexfrance22 wrote:Ok, so question , around how much earn someone who have bar in sihanoukville ?? I know many bar or for sell but this people live correctly no ? if no they will close all of them ? no? Thanks

Most live, at least partly, off of their savings, until it runs out.

As the money runs out they try to sell for a crazy price, the reject reasonable offers, then in the end they cannot pay the rent and it closes up and they get nothing execpt what they sell their furnishing for.

Mind you I am sure your experience will be different.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic