Stinky pig farm shuttered.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Stinky pig farm shuttered.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A pig farm with 100 pigs was closed due to its unbearable stench and ordered to move elsewhere. The new neighbours undoubtedly will appreciate this as much as the old ones did. It will be interesting when they start pig farming on a large scale with 1000 pigs and more.

Stinky Pig Farm Shuttered

A Banteay Meanchey pig farm in Mongkul Borey district’s Chumteav village was ordered closed on Monday after nearby residents complained about the bad smell coming from the farm, with some officials calling the stench “unbearable.”

Provincial governor Soun Bavor told Khmer Times yesterday the decision was made after the four-hectare farm, home to 100 pigs, was found to be operating in violation of an official agreement.

“The farm owner breached the contract made with the provincial hall not to spread smells, which affects people in the surrounding area. He did not comply with the contract,” Mr. Bavor said. “Just a step into the farm, it is almost unbearable because of the terrible smell. The people nearby have difficulties having meals.

“The farm owner was given 15 days to relocate to a new location where the smell does not affect the local people,” he added.

Deputy district police chief Major Nhoung Samorn, who confirmed the offensiveness of the farm’s odor, identified its owner as local resident Chao Chhong.

“The provincial hall issued a letter ordering the farm owner to find a new site after they received a complaint from about 40 families, but the owner, Chao Chhong, said it would cost him a lot of money to find a new location and rebuild everything,” Maj. Samorn said.

“The people said they don’t agree to have the farm located in the same area.”

The police chief added that Mr. Chhong’s current location does not have adequate waste-management facilities to contain the odor.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/26891/ ... shuttered/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Re: Stinky pig farm shuttered.

Post by ot mien kampf »

For a moment there I thought they meant Congress.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

ot mien kampf wrote:For a moment there I thought they meant UKIP / Labor party / Tories.
Corrected that for you :hattip:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Smelly Pig Farm Forcibly Closed
A deputy district police officer who joined the operation on Tuesday and declined to be named said the farm owner, Chao Chhong, did not move and the smell had not improved so authorities decided to go and close the farm themselves.

“We closed according to an announcement from the provincial administration. The provincial administration wanted the farm owner to make modifications and find a way to stop the smell and sewage flow to the outside,” he said.

“He had been warned many times and the last time he was given 15 days to stop the smell, from July 4 to July 18. After being given more days until July 26, the provincial level went to close it. The smell is unbearable even outside, not to mention if you are inside.”
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/27756/ ... ly-closed/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Correction, the US Congress are not pigs, they are swine. Please, get it right in the future.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sailorman wrote:Correction, the US Congress are not pigs, they are swine. Please, get it right in the future.
whats the difference?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Pigs are basically a clean animal, the members of the American Congress/swine are not. Pigs provide a resource that supports human life, members of the American Congress/swine are leach's. Pigs can be domesticated, members of the American Congress/swine cannot.
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

The voice in the desert has now moved to the pig pen. How fitting.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

The guy I used to buy weed off of in my student days lived out in the sticks of Wiltshire by a pig farm. It was a massive house rented for a pittance. Even with the Western standard of slurry pit etc it stunk to high heaven. A cunning wheeze to keep unwanted visitors away, it sticks in your throat. The interior had its own particular perfume.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

cptrelentless wrote:The guy I used to buy weed off of in my student days lived out in the sticks of Wiltshire by a pig farm. It was a massive house rented for a pittance. Even with the Western standard of slurry pit etc it stunk to high heaven. A cunning wheeze to keep unwanted visitors away, it sticks in your throat. The interior had its own particular perfume.
Are you sure the pigs were only used for their smell?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic