Married couple admit murdering wife’s lover

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Love, violence and tragedy : A couple have been charged with the grisly murder of the wife's lover in Kandal’s Sa’ang district.They have a child together. She took a lover. The husband was jealous. The lover was brutally murdered. The couple will go to jail. The child will be orphaned.

Image Chab Sokchoeun, 26, Khem Kheng, 29
On June 23, Kheng allegedly instructed his wife to call the victim to their house and lay on the bed, waiting for him. When Lin arrived, Kheng allegedly attacked him with a hoe until he fell unconscious. He then grabbed a plastic tarpaulin, tightened it around the victim’s throat and strangled him to death.

The pair then allegedly dumped Lin’s body in a pond just 200 metres from their home. The floating body was discovered by a cattle herder nine days later, on July 2. Experts determined Lin had suffered strangulation, as well as cuts to the left ear, waist and head.

Kandal Provincial Court prosecutor Lem Sokunthea said the couple is now behind bars on charges of premeditated murder under Article 200 of the Criminal Code, which carries a sentence of life imprisonment.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/m ... ifes-lover
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Married couple admit murdering wife’s lover

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Haha, I don't get it. Even premeditated murder is done in a hard-earned, lazy manner here.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Fucking moronic ignorant people, just like Australia.
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

This is hardly a laughing matter but the reference to a hoe was momentarily startling.

"My brother spends a lot of time with his simple garden tools and female dogs;
my sister gets upset when he refers to them as hoes and bitches."
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

This is hardly a laughing matter but the reference to a hoe was momentarily startling.

"My brother spends a lot of time with his simple garden tools and female dogs;
my sister gets upset when he refers to them as hoes and bitches."
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Post by mammothboy2 »

Careless double posting. Mea culpa.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Haha, I don't get it. Even premeditated murder is done in a hard-earned, lazy manner here.
Which is why you do not need to be Sherlock Holmes to solve murder cases in Cambodia most of the time; often people close to the victim, family or neighbours, are responsible. Amazing that in this case the body was not discovered sooner - it took 9 days - but yes, what did the killers think would happen to it in the end ? Eaten by a buffalo ?
Sad and stupid.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Anchor Moy wrote: Which is why you do not need to be Sherlock Holmes to solve murder cases in Cambodia most of the time....
That's lucky, because I often have my doubts about how thorough the detective work is here. Going on from that it should also be easy enough to set somebody up.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote: Which is why you do not need to be Sherlock Holmes to solve murder cases in Cambodia most of the time....
That's lucky, because I often have my doubts about how thorough the detective work is here. Going on from that it should also be easy enough to set somebody up.
I doubt everything, even those who supposedly confess. Just noting that even for so-called "premeditated" murders, the criminals don't seem to put much thought into covering their tracks. Most of the time, especially in the countryside, it is a member of the family or someone from the village who has a motive - lust, greed, revenge - who is the guilty party.

Not to say that there aren't set ups, but doesn't it seem more likely that detective work in Cambodia usually consists of rounding up the family and neighbours to see who will confess, and then if there is no clear culprit, the police choose either the most probable or the weakest suspect ?

In the case of this married couple, it seems extremely probable that the husband was the killer, but was his wife a willing or unwilling accomplice ? Did he force her to lure her lover to his death ? I guess we'll never know.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The body is in the bag pictured here: Image
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic